Lisle, IL - Friday, July 5, 2019

Thunderstorms have formed to the west of metro Chicago, and will probably impact the show site within the next couple hours. The thunderstorm clusters have formed consolidated outflow cold pools, which should help the storms move right along and stabilize things for later on. Cautiously optimistic about getting the show in for y'all tonight, assuming the show site can handle any rain that does fall this afternoon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Precious Roy said:

Thunderstorms have formed to the west of metro Chicago, and will probably impact the show site within the next couple hours. The thunderstorm clusters have formed consolidated outflow cold pools, which should help the storms move right along and stabilize things for later on. Cautiously optimistic about getting the show in for y'all tonight, assuming the show site can handle any rain that does fall this afternoon.

It’s a turf field with good drainage.  If it stops raining soon, I think we’ll be fine. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Amazed&Stunned said:

In a drum corps world of electronic and immediate informational access, the next three nights are huge. Information will be available to all.  The new trends will begin.

Here's hoping the powers that be made sure the best of the best are judging tonight. The South tour is pretty much as it is. I would love to see the Crusaders take a run at Crown but, it is difficult to imagine. Hopefully Boston's percussion line straightened out a few things with some rehearsal days. We do have Phantom and Spirit. I see Phantom taking charge here!  And the West is prep time for the Blue Devils and Blue Knights. Both corps could benefit from the rehearsal time, the lack of pressure, and the ability to redo and restructure as needed.

My view for the Midwest -- FIREWORKS.

SCV vs the Bluecoats --   SCV claims the front slot for the last 5 weeks of the season while the Blue Devils wait, change and clean.

Cavaliers  - They are being underappreciated. Let's see them get 2 points from the top and 4 points from those behind 

Cadets/Blue Stars - Blue Stars come out of the three days with a clear lead 

And let's not forget Academy - There is definite production value here. I see them as the 2019 version of the Mandarins!  The West Coast adds another finalist to the top 12.

Too bad this one is not on FLO. We will have to wait until Sunday evening. For those in the area, a nice three day set of shows that would be well worth a field trip.

humm,

something strange in your first two points.

Ok you see SCV over Bluecoats - fine   I don't agree, but many would agree with you

But you want the "underappreciated" Cavaliers about 2 points from the top (SCV)? and 4 points above the others (BD, BC, Crusaders, Boston)?  Note that the Cavaliers are already just over 2 points from SCV already.    So how do you really see the rest of the "top 6" at this time?  SCV, Cavies, ??, ??, ??, ??. ?

Cadets/Blue Stars .. I'm not sure, but you sure could be right if Cadets don't make some major changes.

I totally agree about Academy (I root for my home town team).  I really like the changes they have made and wish them well.  (I have them 12th overall at the end of the season.  Many will disagree with this.)

14 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

humm,

something strange in your first two points.

Ok you see SCV over Bluecoats - fine   I don't agree, but many would agree with you

But you want the "underappreciated" Cavaliers about 2 points from the top (SCV)? and 4 points above the others (BD, BC, Crusaders, Boston)?  Note that the Cavaliers are already just over 2 points from SCV already.    So how do you really see the rest of the "top 6" at this time?  SCV, Cavies, ??, ??, ??, ??. ?

Cadets/Blue Stars .. I'm not sure, but you sure could be right if Cadets don't make some major changes.

I totally agree about Academy (I root for my home town team).  I really like the changes they have made and wish them well.  (I have them 12th overall at the end of the season.  Many will disagree with this.)

I think they meant Cavies coming in 2 points behind SCV/Bloo and 4 ahead of Cadets/Blue Stars tonight, not Cavies 2 behind SCV and 4 ahead of everyone else in the top 6.

59 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s a turf field with good drainage.  If it stops raining soon, I think we’ll be fine. 

Latest from Weather Underground:

Time Conditions Temp. Feels Like Precip Amount Cloud Cover Dew Point Humidity Wind Pressure
4:00 pm
Isolated Thunderstorms Isolated Thunderstorms
89 °F
96 °F
30%
49%
70 °F
54%
7 mph WSW
29.93 in
5:00 pm
Partly Cloudy Partly Cloudy
90 °F
97 °F
14%
53%
71 °F
53%
6 mph WSW
29.93 in
6:00 pm
89 °F
96 °F
17%
53%
71 °F
55%
7 mph W
29.92 in
7:00 pm
87 °F
93 °F
14%
54%
70 °F
57%
6 mph WNW
29.93 in
8:00 pm
83 °F
89 °F
11%
56%
72 °F
69%
5 mph NNW
29.95 in
9:00 pm
Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy
81 °F
87 °F
22%
70%
73 °F
76%
3 mph N
29.96 in
10:00 pm
79 °F
85 °F
34%
77%
73 °F
81%
3 mph NNE
29.97 in
11:00 pm
Scattered Thunderstorms Scattered Thunderstorms
78 °F
84 °F
40%
65%
73 °F
84%
4 mph NE
29.97 in

Outflow has gone through Lisle (should be a little breeze and perhaps a few degrees cooler), and the only big storm cell is up around the airport (and heading the other way). Everything else upstream from the show site is becoming increasingly weaker and disorganized. Unless something else develops unexpectedly, or something weird happens with the remnant showers out there now, I think the show tonight will be golden (from a weather perspective).

• Thanks 1

Just now, PamahoNow said:

Latest from Weather Underground:

Time Conditions Temp. Feels Like Precip Amount Cloud Cover Dew Point Humidity Wind Pressure
4:00 pm
89 °F
96 °F
30%
49%
70 °F
54%
7 mph WSW
29.93 in
5:00 pm
90 °F
97 °F
14%
53%
71 °F
53%
6 mph WSW
29.93 in
6:00 pm
89 °F
96 °F
17%
53%
71 °F
55%
7 mph W
29.92 in
7:00 pm
87 °F
93 °F
14%
54%
70 °F
57%
6 mph WNW
29.93 in
8:00 pm
83 °F
89 °F
11%
56%
72 °F
69%
5 mph NNW
29.95 in
9:00 pm
Mostly Cloudy Mostly Cloudy
81 °F
87 °F
22%
70%
73 °F
76%
3 mph N
29.96 in
10:00 pm
79 °F
85 °F
34%
77%
73 °F
81%
3 mph NNE
29.97 in
11:00 pm
Scattered Thunderstorms Scattered Thunderstorms
78 °F
84 °F
40%
65%
73 °F
84%
4 mph NE
29.97 in

Sun is out here.  We haven’t gotten any rain. 

• Like 1