DCI ORLANDO - Orlando, FL - Saturday, July 6, 2019

AccuWeather says that the worst chance of rain in Orlando today will be around 3-4pm, then it will be mostly cloudy during the majority of the evening.

Here’s hoping that’s the weather they actually get tonight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think last night in SC started the trend of Phantom starting to pull away from SOA.  It should increase tonight in Florida.  I really wanted to see SOA back in finals and the head to heads with Phantom were exciting while it lasted.  But lets face it Phantom is Phantom and Spirits show while vastly improved lacks certain aspects.  IMO Spirit lacks drill and their brass seems to lack the power of the corps around them.  Why the brass stays hidden so long during that awesome drum break after the ballad is beyond me.  Colts are also on Spirits heels.  

21 minutes ago, mjyaub said:

I think last night in SC started the trend of Phantom starting to pull away from SOA.  It should increase tonight in Florida.  I really wanted to see SOA back in finals and the head to heads with Phantom were exciting while it lasted.  But lets face it Phantom is Phantom and Spirits show while vastly improved lacks certain aspects.  IMO Spirit lacks drill and their brass seems to lack the power of the corps around them.  Why the brass stays hidden so long during that awesome drum break after the ballad is beyond me.  Colts are also on Spirits heels.  

This is the most competitive season in Drum Corp I’ve experienced, I wouldn’t count anybody out .

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

AccuWeather says that the worst chance of rain in Orlando today will be around 3-4pm, then it will be mostly cloudy during the majority of the evening.

Here’s hoping that’s the weather they actually get tonight.

i went to finals week a couple of times in orlando, and you could count on a thunderstorm every day at around 3:30, and then clear weather in the evening

4 minutes ago, Lance said:

i went to finals week a couple of times in orlando, and you could count on a thunderstorm every day at around 3:30, and then clear weather in the evening

That was 15-20+ years ago. With climate change we are now getting extreme and unpredictable storms on a frequent basis. It's usually the afternoon, but a lot more come out of nowhere in the evening now. Last year, there was multi-hour weather delay for the show, and the forecast today looks pretty grim, with near 100% chance at 7pm and 50% at 9.

Since it is a smaller lineup this time, I'm passing on the probable opportunity to spend several hours under the stadium with band kids again. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lets see if BAC can increase their gap on crown. I kinda want Crown to win because the magnitude of their drill with the music should get rewarded. I think BAC still wins tonight.

posted from the DrumScorps app

i know I shouldn't have  been surprised but when I got up this morning I checked the scores from last night and Blue beat SCV and Bac beat CC....I went Whoopeeeee!!!!

• Like 1