DCI ORLANDO - Orlando, FL - Saturday, July 6, 2019

Having marched DCI and now a Band Director for 10 years I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that BAC has the most complex, dense and Challenging drum corps show out there this summer. There have been major struggles (phasing/execution) leading up to last night. I believe that Boston will be rewarded for their difficulty as they continue to clean the show. The park and blow Bluecoats (although they have a decent margin) should look carefully in their rear view mirror. BAC is coming! I don’t know about a tittle this year but I believe that if BAC cleans their show their will be a metal in their near future.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

52 minutes ago, DCIBAC01 said:

Having marched DCI and now a Band Director for 10 years I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that BAC has the most complex, dense and Challenging drum corps show out there this summer. There have been major struggles (phasing/execution) leading up to last night. I believe that Boston will be rewarded for their difficulty as they continue to clean the show. The park and blow Bluecoats (although they have a decent margin) should look carefully in their rear view mirror. BAC is coming! I don’t know about a tittle this year but I believe that if BAC cleans their show their will be a metal in their near future.

Rock on!!! They’ll metal!!!

Seriously, they had a great run last night, and do have an amazing show, but the end of the show needs some extra polish and a possible rewrite, and the percussion will hold them back from winning, In my uneducated opinion. It’s too soon to say who’s going to do what as we still don’t have the final versions of corps shows on the field, and all of this is moot until we get the expanded panels. But it’s great fodder, and I agree they have an amazing show with a lot of talent.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Rock on!!! They’ll metal!!!

Seriously, they had a great run last night, and do have an amazing show, but the end of the show needs some extra polish and a possible rewrite, and the percussion will hold them back from winning, In my uneducated opinion. It’s too soon to say who’s going to do what as we still don’t have the final versions of corps shows on the field, and all of this is moot until we get the expanded panels. But it’s great fodder, and I agree they have an amazing show with a lot of talent.

posted from the DrumScorps app

I thought we had full panels. Wasn't the complaint in prior years that some early shows only had 5 judges?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

I thought we had full panels. Wasn't the complaint in prior years that some early shows only had 5 judges?

If it’s changed I missed it. I thought we were still using limited panels until San Antonio, but I could be wrong (I don’t pay attention much during the off-season)

22 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

If it’s changed I missed it. I thought we were still using limited panels until San Antonio, but I could be wrong (I don’t pay attention much during the off-season)

I could be wrong, also. But I thought a rule change regarding this was adopted. I'm pretty sure all the panels Boston has had so far, have been 8. This being DCP, I have no doubt that someone will correct both of us.

Edited by Barneveld
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DCIBAC01 said:

Respectfully disagree. The brass and percussion book of Crown is more difficult and they are performing it better. They have some of the most daunting ensemble challenges due to field spread. Visually, BAC is performing better and the guard is awesome. The challenge for both BAC and Crown is what the judges value... complex visual and movement design or parking and playing and moving while not playing. Let’s see what happens tonight between these two but the bigger challenge of what the judges value, sadly, does not appear to be moving in the BAC/Crown direction. IMHO.

• Thanks 2