DCI ORLANDO - Orlando, FL - Saturday, July 6, 2019

just looking out my hotel window and looking at the radar.. seems it's all starting to move into Orlando now.  UGH.. 

It is currently raining and it’s expected to rain for 2 hrs.

1 hour ago, Barneveld said:

I thought we had full panels. Wasn't the complaint in prior years that some early shows only had 5 judges?

For the biggest shows, I think they add an additional two judges in GE.  This year, the early season shows have had full panels, just not the additional two GE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ediker said:

For the biggest shows, I think they add an additional two judges in GE.  This year, the early season shows have had full panels, just not the additional two GE.

I've never understood this. Why more GE judges? Why not more performance judges? Bringing in more GE judges is just rewarding the design staff more and more rather than the performers. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

Just now, Incognito365 said:

I've never understood this. Why more GE judges? Why not more performance judges? Bringing in more GE judges is just rewarding the design staff more and more rather than the performers. 🤦‍♂️

The GE judges are averaged. As I understand it, it's to make sure that one or two GE judges can't go totally rogue... for the reason you suggest, they're not performance captions.