DCI ORLANDO - Orlando, FL - Saturday, July 6, 2019

9 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

When DCI didn't have a show in Florida, the Floridians here would complain about the schedule omitting them.

Florida has the worst track record in the activity related to weather. At a certain point, DCI has to accept that it'll never change, and stick with areas where the likelihood of rain is minimal to none (like the Atlanta regional) Better for Florida fans to come to DCI than for DCI and the corps to waste the time and money to travel to Florida.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Tweet87 said:

Radar has actually been showing the precipitation dissipating in the past 30 minutes, with some luck, I think we might be able to clear up completely within the next 30 minutes. Hopefully DCI reverts the event back to the normal competition once that happens.

There's no going back. Once it's deemed a standstill, things like props are put away back in the equipment trucks, the color guards typically don't bring their equipment, etc. Trying to make it back into a normal show would be unfair to groups that have already performed (if any) and would mean re-assembling props/re-warming up for guard/etc. Once it's a standstill, it's a standstill even if it dries up by the end. Just too difficult logistically

Edited by rr4353
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

Florida has the worst track record in the activity related to weather. At a certain point, DCI has to accept that it'll never change, and stick with areas where the likelihood of rain is minimal to none (like the Atlanta regional) Better for Florida fans to come to DCI than for DCI and the corps to waste the time and money to travel to Florida.

Shows in Florida and Texas should be in covered, air conditioned, stadiums

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Too bad there isn't a domed venue in Florida...that would solve it.   It is a HUGE expense for all the corps to go there just fot standstills. It isn't as if Orlando is on the way to the other shows.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, rr4353 said:

There's no going back. Once it's deemed a standstill, things like props are put away back in the equipment trucks, the color guards typically don't bring their equipment, etc. Trying to make it back into a normal show would be unfair to groups that have already performed (if any) and would mean re-assembling props/re-warming up for guard/etc. Once it's a standstill, it's a standstill even if it dries up by the end. Just too difficult logistically

Welp I guess there is no hope...

So. If they’re in standstill mode, both BAC & Crown are at a considerable disadvantage.

Two of the few, top tier corps that actually have any drill, in their drill.

Well, it looks like I get to now make my yearly statement that nothing good comes out of Florida and do my annual repost of this wonderful gif 

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d21426c3866586d2e

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

So. If they’re in standstill mode, both BAC & Crown are at a considerable disadvantage.

Two of the few, top tier corps that actually have any drill, in their drill.

Theoretically sure. But I’m guessing Crown and BAC will still go 1 and 2 (in that order)