DCI ORLANDO - Orlando, FL - Saturday, July 6, 2019

3 minutes ago, blakman7 said:

Forgive me if already asked but if they do standstills, do they play their whole show or just encore pieces? 

It's the corps' discretion.  Because the show music often relies on electronics and pit to carry melody and such at times, they'll often do an abbreviated edition of their show music and/or selections.  Then encore pieces.  And it's fun to see what's "behind the curtain" without the electronics sometimes.  The Muncie rainout that was moved indoors to the music hall turned out to be a real treat in some ways.  Bluecoats silenced a lot of people who said their show music was overly reliant on electronic effects that year with some absolutely stellar pure brass.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, drummergirl said:

A little perspective for those that have never been at this show. (I was on a staff two years ago.) Props are stored under the stands once unloaded so they can stay mostly dry if there is room. Brass, battery, guard, and even the front ensembles warmup outside around the outside of the stadium. Two years ago BAC ruined a soundboard in the rain at this show had to buy a new one that night during the rain delay. (Hope I remembered that correctly.)

Didn't know about the 'under the stands' storage.  I do vaguely remember BAC having to get a new soundboard though.  

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, drangin said:

Yeah, it looks like a pair of mics. Maybe one of the lines shorted out in the rain. Maybe the sound guy doesn't know about panning knobs.

I can assure you he does.  Erik Kosman (formerly Bluecoats sound guy now with Boston) is running the Flo sound.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MPutnam said:

Flo....your sound is terrible.

That is all.

Must be the B team...lol

It's still raining here and there are plastic bags on the mics.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, drummergirl said:

Two years ago BAC ruined a soundboard in the rain at this show had to buy a new one that night during the rain delay.

They'll never have that recipe again.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, fanman said:

While we’re at it, Allentown needs to be downgraded to a regular show and the Eastern Classic should go to Met-Life

No. Absolutely. Not. Please don’t take away the last opportunity to see all the major corps in drum corps’ natural environment! I would rather pay to go to Allentown, and risk getting rained on (which has never happened to me there) than go to Finals in Indy for free.  All indoor venues are acoustically nightmarish echo chambers. I hope to live long enough to see Finals in an outdoor stadium again someday - even if I have to fly out west to do it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

They'll never have that recipe again.

VERY well played, my friend.