DCI ORLANDO - Orlando, FL - Saturday, July 6, 2019

Thank god Crown was last!  

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Triple Forte said:

First time I’m hearing these two groups together  and they are spectacular together I can’t help but think those 10 singers are quite impressed with the 82 ish brass people surrounding him 

Crown should just tour with liberty voices during the off season 😍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WarriorWay said:

Seriously what a let down, I feel sorry for everyone who bought tickets 

It happens at multiple shows every year. You learn to accept it. Encore alone would have been worth the price of admission for me.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

First time I’m hearing these two groups together  and they are spectacular together I can’t help but think those 10 singers are quite impressed with the 82 ish brass people surrounding him 

They are indeed and have said so publicly.  It's pretty much a love fest all 'round.

Edited by karuna
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

We were taught where our dot was, but we were also taught to dress to the form. After 2 weeks, you shouldn't need your dot anymore.

I disagree. Dots are always needed to accurately dress the form. When I taught band (in the days before Pyware) we used to practice on a parking lot and paint each members spot for each set on the lot. Starting in set 16 of the 3rd number was a breeze. When a form was altered over time, as they always do, setting it accurately was easy. In the days before coordinate sheets ( and even today) IMO this is the easiest way to teach and clean drill. And no they didn't look for thier spot while marching and playing, there was no time. 

• Like 1

OK,  this is off-topic but does anybody else have a hard time navigating around DCI’s website?  I haven’t liked it the last couple of years.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, karuna said:

They are indeed and have said so publicly.  It's pretty much a love fest.

And Anna had them ALL to herself, for a whole season. It Was quite good👍