DCI ORLANDO - Orlando, FL - Saturday, July 6, 2019

1 minute ago, DAvery said:

I disagree. Dots are always needed to accurately dress the form. When I taught band (in the days before Pyware) we used to practice on a parking lot and paint each members spot for each set on the lot. Starting in set 16 of the 3rd number was a breeze. When a form was altered over time, as they always do, setting it accurately was easy. In the days before coordinate sheets ( and even today) IMO this is the easiest way to teach and clean drill. And no they didn't look for thier spot while marching and playing, there was no time. 

Did you not see where I said that we painted the dots? Singular color. No other markings. I mean, we had multiple state championships to back the way we were taught. Lol.

1 hours ago, Musicman1084 said:

Is Spirit down a cymbal? Hopefully not the same person that also got injured last year. I was so happy to see them back in time for finals, hoping the same for this member.

They were down two trumpets last night as well. One had an emergency appendectomy Sunday and will be out at least two weeks, and another one has a bummed ankle.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

...and yet we still have the highest GDP of all the states.

I'm not a native, but it does get tiring to see the State used as a punching bag. Yes, they have warts, but so does every other state, and I've lived in 9 or so of them and been to all of them....

Agreed, the media seems to love to pit folks against each other these days for every reason in the world, but it’s all hogwash.   We all have more in common than we do differences. Yeah, we are all idiots in our own unique way, but even that we have in common.

I’ve lived in California since the 80’s and it gets more and more crowded all the time.  We can certainly stand to lose people to the rest of the country, we def need a break from the influx.  The problems California faces are no different than the rest of the country, and just like the rest of the US, this is a wonderful place to live. I am still grateful that I get to live here and enjoy this wonderful life.  

Edited by Sasha1
Spacing
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, WarriorWay said:

Imagine paying $70 a piece for a top seat at DCI Orlando this year... ouch

Yup......that was me 😡  AND it was non-refundable

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Fracker said:

I would love to be at this show just to hear what un-amplified drum corps brass sounds like.

Oh it sounded good! Crown and BAC have so much raw power, it's ridiculous.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, blakman7 said:

Oh it sounded good! Crown and BAC have so much raw power, it's ridiculous.

If you were there in person I have to ask. What was the crowd’s reaction to Phantom Regiment? 

Watching on Flo, I was flabbergasted by them doing tuning sequences and parking lot warm ups. They ended with Elsa’s but what came before that was shocking 

Edited by fanman
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, blakman7 said:

Yup......that was me 😡  AND it was non-refundable

Wow sorry dude that bites. But I’m in a similar boat right now for night beat as that is the only show I’m going to so hopefully it doesn’t rain. Maybe it’s Atlanta - mercedes from here on out🧐 for me