DCI ORLANDO - Orlando, FL - Saturday, July 6, 2019

1 hour ago, WarriorWay said:

Wow sorry dude that bites. But I’m in a similar boat right now for night beat as that is the only show I’m going to so hopefully it doesn’t rain. Maybe it’s Atlanta - mercedes from here on out🧐 for me

Feel ya, dawg.

In ‘16 missed Crown entirely, as show was called shortly after INT because of lightning storms. Last year, we missed a total deluge by about 8-10 hours. Driving out of Winston on Monday a.m. was train wreck.

With 4 CrownCLUB tickets at stake, it’s always an expensive proposition if the weather goes sideways.

But the buffet is always outstanding, and my son and I get to play our now, annual tradition of playing “Where’s Rondo” when he makes an appearance for the gratis grub.

You pay your $$ & take your chances 🤞👑

BTW, your ‘Benz Dome option is one which I need to consider👍

Edited by nsxanax
Spelling

At least y'all have the option to see them this year. This is my first year since 2007 not seeing them live at a show or rehearsal.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, nsxanax said:

Feel ya, dawg.

In ‘16 missed Crown entirely, as show was called shortly after INT because of lightning storms. Last year, we missed a total deluge by about 8-10 hours. Driving out of Winston on Monday a.m. was train wreck.

With 4 CrownCLUB tickets at stake, it’s always an expensive proposition if the weather goes sideways.

But the buffet is always outstanding, and my son and I get to play our now, annual tradition of playing “Where’s Rondo” when he makes an appearance for the gratis grub.

You pay your $$ & take your chances 🤞👑

BTW, your ‘Benz Dome option is one which I need to consider👍

Oh yes I remember that’s what happened in 16’. My band director went to that show and I think if I remember correctly he got to see Bluecoats. But exactly pay up and take the chance. We booked our 3 night-beat seats in February just to pick the best seats in the section🙃 If it doesn’t go well weather wise we’ll probably head back to Mercedes next year so we don’t end up just throwing almost $200 down the drain.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

At least y'all have the option to see them this year. This is my first year since 2007 not seeing them live at a show or rehearsal.

Is Big, Live & Loud an option?

It’s a far cry from sitting in the stands at a live venue. But desperate times, desperate measures🍻

9 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

Is Big, Live & Loud an option?

It’s a far cry from sitting in the stands at a live venue. But desperate times, desperate measures🍻

I watch on Flo, so I'm getting to see them, but it's not the same as seeing them live which is what I meant.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

I watch on Flo, so I'm getting to see them, but it's not the same as seeing them live which is what I meant.

Short of a six figure, home A/V set-up, a Flo job will never compare with being there. You as a long time vet of live, DCI are no doubt painfully reminded of that each time you’re relegated to a webcast.

Come to think of it, the odds of a bad Flo production are about the same as chances of showers in southern FL, this time of year.

Get’em next year, killer🎺

Edited by nsxanax
Grammar
  • Thanks 1

The Atlanta show at Mercedes is always a great show too. I do remember the year the GA Dome roof leaked. Lol. 

There is pretty great representation in the crowd for all corps. My hometown show. Never miss it ... ever. I think it is one of the highest attended events outside of Finals. 

Edited by BWise
  • Like 2

On 7/7/2019 at 1:17 AM, fanman said:

If you were there in person I have to ask. What was the crowd’s reaction to Phantom Regiment? 

Watching on Flo, I was flabbergasted by them doing tuning sequences and parking lot warm ups. They ended with Elsa’s but what came before that was shocking 

The crowd was rather disappointed (as I was) with the warmups. When the hornline finally brought their horns up, the crowd somewhat went nuts as if to say "dude, finally some music". Phantom sounded good and all but their standstill performance selections were extremely disappointing to say the least.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, WarriorWay said:

Wow sorry dude that bites. But I’m in a similar boat right now for night beat as that is the only show I’m going to so hopefully it doesn’t rain. Maybe it’s Atlanta - mercedes from here on out🧐 for me

Atlanta is always a good show and unless there decides to be another torrential downpour from the roof of the stadium, there won't be any weather delays. It's a great venue for DCI!

15 hours ago, BWise said:

The Atlanta show at Mercedes is always a great show too. I do remember the year the GA Dome roof leaked. Lol. 

There is pretty great representation in the crowd for all corps. My hometown show. Never miss it ... ever. I think it is one of the highest attended events outside of Finals. 

How is the sound at Mercedes stadium?...  and generally which section offers more clarity.