Crown Closer Question (2019)

Okay so I was listening to Crown's show from this year and the closer stuck out to me. It sounds super familiar, has the closer been played anywhere before? Or am i just going crazy

1 minute ago, detergant said:

Okay so I was listening to Crown's show from this year and the closer stuck out to me. It sounds super familiar, has the closer been played anywhere before? Or am i just going crazy

I could be wrong, but to my knowledge it hasn't.

To me the closer sounds like a mix of Madison of old and bloo of new. It's a lot of fun to listen to that's for sure! To my knowledge it hasn't been played in DCI before. I could be wrong about that. 

The song is the Swingles’ 2017 arrangement of the traditional Bulgarian folk song “Bucimis,” which to my knowledge has never been played in/arranged for the marching arts before.

I think the main reason you may think it sounds familiar is because it sounds like something the Bluecoats would have played in their 2016 show “Down Side Up,” which has been a pretty popular show design model in recent years (in more ways than one, of course).

• Like 1