Belleville, IL- July 14th

Visual needs to be given less points in the scoring, it is not  twice as important as everything else.

6 minutes ago, HolyNOLA said:

Do tell 

Sorry, meant "aficionado."

When I'm thumb typing on my phone I seem to lose my grasp on things like spelling, grammar and basic sentence structure.

Edited by FLBuzcut
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brian Tuma said:

The ‘96 Phantom Regiment wants to continue that convo in a dark alley. Lol

95 BD wants in on that as well. 

• Like 2

Just got back to our home after a great show! Weather was about as good as it can get around here in the summer, and the line-up was spectacular. I didn't bother to take any photos since we were sitting very low in the stands, but some quick comments about what we really enjoyed:

- Huge crowd on hand, and lots of love for all the corps. I think the regional last year had an effect on attendance this year.

- The Colts' program was a ton of fun and made pleasantly surprising choices that kept the audience engaged throughout.

- Mandarins still making unique/memorable choices in show design, and they continue to dial up the difficulty year-to-year.

- Phantom looks great in the black, even up close, and has a solid vehicle this year. I got chills from the Shostakovich, like you'd expect.

- Wonderful bari solo from the Blue Stars, and the section-to-section differences in the climbing gear was a nice touch.

- Boston is moving extremely well, and their guard work was really impressive throughout the show.

- Coats were insanely good. Remarkably engaging show, powerful and precise hornline, had the feel of a championship program.

- First time seeing the Cavies, so didn't get much from them from the lower vantage point, but loved seeing another stellar marimba feature up close.

There's probably more, and sorry for leaving out some groups and really great moments, but what an enjoyable evening! See y'all in Indy.

• Thanks 6

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Standing O at the end of the ballad?  

We gave them a Standing O in San Bernardino Ca last month after the ballad. And they had fireworks going off in the distance lol. Perfect timing. Cavies are phenomenal this year. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Den8uml said:

Well Moxie, the talkies, 8tracks and horse carriages were also once all the rage.  Times do change! 😄 just joking 

Moxie is making a comeback!

So, as you know, I love all corps equally (but one more equally than the others) ... but this was not a good site.  They had to delay the show due to parking issues, the field felt like it was in the next county, they ran out of water before the first corps (that's not an issue .... oh wait, its was 90+ degrees), I could go on but you get the point (especially when they allocated 4.5 inches for each seat).  But the crowd was FANTASTIC ... this was my ninth show of the year and the best by far.  Please oh please go back to the dome next year.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, BlueStarsDad said:

So, as you know, I love all corps equally (but one more equally than the others) ... but this was not a good site.  They had to delay the show due to parking issues, the field felt like it was in the next county, they ran out of water before the first corps (that's not an issue .... oh wait, its was 90+ degrees), I could go on but you get the point (especially when they allocated 4.5 inches for each seat).  But the crowd was FANTASTIC ... this was my ninth show of the year and the best by far.  Please oh please go back to the dome next year.

Scheduling and parking area conflict...I guarantee you the Regional Convention and Visitors bureau wants this at the dome next year...& In 21... And possibly at our new MLS stadium in 22 and beyond... Like they have in Chester.

• Like 1