Belleville, IL- July 14th

4 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Times, they are a changin’. Drill is not the sole denominator. (Unless you are a dentist.)  But thanks for your comment. 

Why is it always the BD honks?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BlueStarsDad said:

So, as you know, I love all corps equally (but one more equally than the others) ... but this was not a good site.  They had to delay the show due to parking issues, the field felt like it was in the next county, they ran out of water before the first corps (that's not an issue .... oh wait, its was 90+ degrees), I could go on but you get the point (especially when they allocated 4.5 inches for each seat).  But the crowd was FANTASTIC ... this was my ninth show of the year and the best by far.  Please oh please go back to the dome next year.

Bring it back to the dome and I’ll be back. 

9 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

It’s almost 11 and all I am thinking about now is food. 

:’(

reading this thread morning time. I had to go get a couple of breakfast taco's! All the food talk had me craving breakfast taco's extra bacon. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, FLBuzcut said:

Bluecoats. Still awesome. I'm a marching officianado and I'm not at all offended by the amount they do or do not march.  I find it's a nice balance. I didn't have a stopwatch but I thought they played while marching quite bit. Also, gathering on a ramp is less bothersome to me than clustering around a pole. Also, Bloo's guard is banging! They're really, really good.

Easy now. 

8 hours ago, Tony Flores said:

Scheduling and parking area conflict...I guarantee you the Regional Convention and Visitors bureau wants this at the dome next year...& In 21... And possibly at our new MLS stadium in 22 and beyond... Like they have in Chester.

Yall have a team?  :w00t: 

Yes I have read where St. Louis will get a team. Just wanted to take a poke. 

Saw a arch rendering of the proposal for the stadium and it would be a nice venue for Drum Corps in my opinion. 

34 minutes ago, E3D said:

Yall have a team?  :w00t: 

Yes I have read where St. Louis will get a team. Just wanted to take a poke. 

Saw a arch rendering of the proposal for the stadium and it would be a nice venue for Drum Corps in my opinion. 

Apparently the current St. Louis Dome will be around until 2024.

12 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

Progress is not always a good thing..,.

Neither is staying the same or going backwards. You can't tame or control art. Artists explore and create. There are a lot of young people today that love where the activity is in terms of design. Not everyone is going to like it, but such is life. You can't have everything your way...and I think we all know that. I love the activity today and I loved it in the 80s and 90s. I have no desire to see the same old same old just. I love the new creativity and new design principles. I also like it when some old-school ideas or concepts get thrown into a modern show. That's cool too. Ultimately, if the current DCI model is not your thing, then I think there are other things to do, right?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, dureau said:

Visual needs to be given less points in the scoring, it is not  twice as important as everything else.

I agree 100%

2 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Neither is staying the same or going backwards. You can't tame or control art. Artists explore and create. There are a lot of young people today that love where the activity is in terms of design. Not everyone is going to like it, but such is life. You can't have everything your way...and I think we all know that. I love the activity today and I loved it in the 80s and 90s. I have no desire to see the same old same old just. I love the new creativity and new design principles. I also like it when some old-school ideas or concepts get thrown into a modern show. That's cool too. Ultimately, if the current DCI model is not your thing, then I think there are other things to do, right?

yes, we will vote with our wallets as well as our feet.