Belleville, IL- July 14th

As expected,  Mandarins so much better in person. Brass is much improved over last year. Corps performing g with confidence. Opener especially is musically and visually tight! Show is exciting. Guard is pretty much killing it.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

They had two babe drum majors in ‘73, too   :laughing: :peek:

I wasn’t complaining!😂😂😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FLBuzcut said:

As expected,  Mandarins so much better in person. Brass is much improved over last year. Corps performing g with confidence. Opener especially is musically and visually tight! Show is exciting. Guard is pretty much killing it.

In DeKalb my Wife said to me " who are so many drum corp members crawling around the field on all 4's with angry face? I'm not a fan of dark shows with skulls, the devil, hell, etc. The Bluecoats have figured out the formula for success...and that is to perform uplifting shows that make people feel good. I wish more corps would take that approach...minus the ridiculously loud over-amplification of the horns and drums of course.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, FlamMan said:

In DeKalb my Wife said to me " who are so many drum corp members crawling around the field on all 4's with angry face? I'm not a fan of dark shows with skulls, the devil, hell, etc. The Bluecoats have figured out the formula for success...and that is to perform uplifting shows that make people feel good. I wish more corps would take that approach...minus the ridiculously loud over-amplification of the horns and drums of course.

Bloo is awesome at it. But I don’t want to see all corps doing that. Omg how boring things would get if they were all feel good shows.  

Edited by Den8uml
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Guy babes.  I called them the doublemint twins.

You had me at babes! 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 2

Good things from Blue Stars. Got to talk with their center snare's mom. Little bit of thunderous goo (Mandarins were the worse at this, imo.), but a lot of fun nonetheless. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Den8uml said:

Bloo is awesome at it. But I don’t want to see all corps doing that. Omg how boring things would get if they were all feel good shows.  

Umm, well...yea...no...

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1