Whitewater, WI - Saturday, July 6, 2019

12 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I-N-I

💙🧡🧡💙    Based on my previous emojis I'm adding a little green to everyone lately 😉😁

• Like 1

Great evening for drum corps. Liked Bluecoats for first time since 2016. Loved the Cavies and wish I could do something to boost their marks.

Much else tonight is in memory as sort of a battle of loud chords. 

Madison: If there is a thoughtful (strategic?) rebuilding plan for climbing back into a routine finals position in the next 3-5 years, then what they’re doing now makes good sense. Lots of young, new guys. Lots of pieces to like in their show.

• Like 5

SCV's percussion is 🔥. They may run away for the drum title once again. 

Bloo improved by 1.2 pts vs SCV at 1.05 pts from last night. 

I think the interesting side story is Bloo winning Guard and Brass. SCV has been strong here the last few years. 

Last thing, if Bloo Bangers were scoring like last year, they wouldn't be beating SCV. I think the challenge for Bloo last year in percussion was staging and design. Not an issue this season.

• Like 2

Madison- 

A ton of progress from three weeks ago. Show has some nice visual and musical elements. Throwback uniforms look goofy when they do the jazz run-scatter type things that are such a key part of modern visual vocabulary. Guard had some nice moments. Youth of members is apparent. Surprised that Academy beat them. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, phan771 said:

Well,  sorry to offend and stereotype. It is simply extremely rare I meet an alumni that is positive about anything Madison since 1999. That said, I have met a few who are level headed, informed, and supporters of the current activity. 

And those Madison alumni are 100% correct. There is nothing to be pleased with about what has become of the once mighty men from Madison. 

I love old school drum corp, but this years Scout show is just weak, with few wow moments. This design team must go. Uniforms look fantastic though.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, FTNK said:

Madison- 

A ton of progress from three weeks ago. Show has some nice visual and musical elements. Throwback uniforms look goofy when they do the jazz run-scatter type things that are such a key part of modern visual vocabulary. Guard had some nice moments. Youth of members is apparent. Surprised that Academy beat them. 

My Wife and I both had Academy beating Madison by 2 points. There is just no comparison in overall show design.

• Like 1

Just back from the show. Bluecoats were definitely superior. Only clear winning caption from SCV was percussion but that should be no surprise. Bloo’s show is a masterpiece and gonna be hard to pass, especially if and when they extend/change the ending. That said, I enjoyed all the shows but felt bad for my Scouts having to follow Bluecoats. I hate to say it but there really isn't a design in Madisons show at all compared to really any corps there. Where is the design team? Crossmen and Cavies have super cool shows and keep you engaged the entire time. SCV could turn down the thunderous goo a bit but all in all, what a great night of drum corps, best lineup ever at the classic. 

• Like 6

Top 6 are amazing the season right?!?!
I wonder if BC can maintain a top three position come Aug.  They sure are doing fantastic this far.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DeanInChicago said:

Madison performed a great arrangement of the Anthem for 10 brass.  

Colt Cadets are settling up.

Weather is ideal.  

Parking was slow but more and more lots were opened.

Terri is sitting bewteen Jim and a skinny boy.

That was the one nice kid from the middle school band who somehow fell into that cadre of demon children. 

• Haha 2