Whitewater, WI - Saturday, July 6, 2019

19 minutes ago, Cop said:

Top 6 are amazing the season right?!?!
I wonder if BC can maintain a top three position come Aug.  They sure are doing fantastic this far.  

I have no doubt they place top 3. Can they win it? I predicted earlier that it would be a battle between BD and Bloo for gold with SCV in a close third.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mjoakes said:

Yay! I get 2/3 of my aisle seat because of 4 people with those port-a-seats that take up a lot of space. 

2/3 of a seat beats no seat! I was sold a ticket to a non-existent seat 38 (the row ended on seat 37). After a member of the DCI team verified my "Seatless in  Perkins" claim I was provided a replacement.with a comparable sight line in a section that was also free of demonic middle schoolers.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, corps8294 said:

Looks like the Blue Stars hit a plateau. 

It’s just one night. Gap with Cadets is almost the same as in Lisle. 

5 hours ago, mrk said:

2/3 of a seat beats no seat! I was sold a ticket to a non-existent seat 38 (the row ended on seat 37). After a member of the DCI team verified my "Seatless in  Perkins" claim I was provided a replacement.with a comparable sight line in a section that was also free of demonic middle schoolers.

Just so no one thinks I was overreacting about the demon children, everyone around us was yelling at them and looking for chaperones.  

I think I’ll put their name out there:   The Ramblers band from Kenosha. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, phan771 said:

Well,  sorry to offend and stereotype. It is simply extremely rare I meet an alumni that is positive about anything Madison since 1999. That said, I have met a few who are level headed, informed, and supporters of the current activity. 

Just because most alumni are not happy with or down right angry with the current state of the corps, doesn’t mean they aren’t level-headed, informed, or supporters of the current activity. Good grief, are you just not paying attention? What is there possibly to celebrate in a former world champion that will be struggling to maintain 16th place this year. The problem with Madison isn’t their alumni, it’s the immunity that CK and DP seemingly have, and the crowd who congratulate failures rather than telling it like it is.

CK and DP should have been fired after the 2018 season, if not the 2016 season. Each year this design team takes shots in the dark. It’s so blatantly obvious they are in completely over their heads and have absolutely no idea how to design a show to be competitive. In 2017, they may have been on to something. It was a very modern show, which was good. However, the corps lost their identity a bit. But, they had something to build off. They were headed in the right direction. Last year was a mess. This year, again, a missed opportunity. If you’re going to go old school, why not go all out? Why have this old school-modern hybrid? Why not structurally design the show based on late 90s/early 2000s shows? They had an opportunity to win the fans here despite the judges. Had they taken that opportunity I would have respected them. Instead, we have this hybrid show that just doesn’t present the best of old school or the best of modern drum corps. It doesn’t work. Shots in the dark. Again. You cannot be successful without a multi-year plan, figuring out the path you want to take, and sticking to it and putting the pieces in place along the way.

In all of this, it’s the members I have the most empathy for. They just aren’t given products that allow them to be successful form a competitive standpoint, or to win over the fans. I certainly wouldn’t even consider marching there today. No way. Madison is never ever ever ever going to get out of this unless the BOD steps up, cleans house, and starts working with alumni (instead of completely shutting them out and alienating them) to move the corps forward.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, FTNK said:

SCV: 

Everything that was sophisticated about Cavaliers in the layering, transitions, etc taken to an even higher level. Corps grey uniforms are a miss and I get tired of that JD Shaw buzzsaw mellophone sound, but this is a good show being performed by a great ensemble.

wife:

“Wow, that was excellent. Had a lot of those sinister sounds that Cadets tried for but better. Very rhythmic and driving which was nice. And their guard was fantastic. Really good use of soloists. Managed to use the props well, even though I was against the bloody things”

Considering your wife's complaints about the Cadets' drill, I'm surprised she had no complaint's about SCV's drill. Perhaps because there was little to no drill to comment on?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Just so no one thinks I was overreacting about the demon children, everyone around us was yelling at them and looking for chaperones.  

I think I’ll put their name out there:   The Ramblers band from Kenosha. 

Would it have been too creepy had they suddenly chilled out at the end of the Colts run?

• Haha 1