Whitewater, WI - Saturday, July 6, 2019

12 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Tailgate with Blue Stars and Kilties Junior alumnii...always a party.  Alcohol may have been involved.  :peek:

It's Wisconsin! Drum corps, brats, and beer! Hopefully the Minnesota state bird won't be pestering the audience and corps, tonight. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Academy is good but their show is pretty unengaging. It just doesn’t... work

wife- “I think Legends have a better designed show.” [We’ve been married like 8 months and she’s already reading my mind] “White uniforms with the orange worked really well. Needed more dynamics.”

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FTNK said:

Academy is good but their show is pretty unengaging. It just doesn’t... work

wife- “I think Legends have a better designed show.” [We’ve been married like 8 months and she’s already reading my mind] “White uniforms with the orange worked really well. Needed more dynamics.”

Academy’s show is a mashup of everything Lindsey Vento stuff thrown together. I love Lindsey Vento, but this wasn’t it. Academic was way better

8 minutes ago, WarriorWay said:

Academy’s show is a mashup of everything Lindsey Vento stuff thrown together. I love Lindsey Vento, but this wasn’t it. Academic was way better

I just watched it for the first time yesterday, and knowing the school LV works for, it was like watching Blue Springs HS Lite. Don't get me wrong, I love that band (especially their show this past fall), but The Academy should not try to be like them unless they can do it even better.

The ballad is great, though. Kudos to that trumpet soloist and his long, exposed passage that we just don't get enough of in DCI these days.

• Like 2