Menomonie, WI - Sunday, July 7, 2019

For me SCVs performers are top notch.  Show is awesome to see live and is growing on me.  With that said, the Coats design is just phenomenal. With all the buzz about the Coats, I think the only groups that can knock them off are BD and SCV (if they pull something out of the hat).  My gut says Boston will catch one of these three by championships.  

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Great show from top to bottom! Now to drive 1 hour back to my abode. Thanks drum corps!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

Man how SCV has changed over the last 3-4 seasons. Not sure which version I like better. Love them both.

The 2017-2019 shows are light years apart from the 2013-2016 shows. They took a huge design turn in 2017 

• Like 1

Just now, Incognito365 said:

Your snippiness when someone states their opinion when it's against yours is duly noted as well. :guinesssmilie:

It’s all good. No ill will intended. I just don’t feel the need to bash arrangers because I don’t like their style. That’s all. To each his own my friend! 

• Like 1

Just based on tonight’s head to head I’d guess Bloo takes GE, Visual and Guard. SCV takes Brass and Percussion. Blue is first but by a very slim margin. 

Edited by Den8uml

Just now, trumpetcam said:

It’s all good. No ill will intended. I just don’t feel the need to bash arrangers because I don’t like their style. That’s all. To each his own my friend! 

Part of being in a high profile position is having to accept criticism. I'm sure Shaw will live knowing a couple people on DCP don't like his arrangements 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, trumpetcam said:

Great show SCV! Not remotely done yet, which could spell trouble for Bloo later in season. If you don’t get the music, try listening to source material, don’t just bash! Everyone knows Beatles. 

So happy to see Vanguard back in the hunt, but I don’t see anyone catching the Coats.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

I think the biggest issue is the uniforms, especially for judging visual. They are hard to read from a high perspective, especially in contrast with the bright blue coats from the bluecoats.

"The bluecoats" just doesn't feel like a show that if it wins I'd be like "yes, that year the best show was definitely the winning one" like I've felt the past few years. It definitely feels like it deserves a medal, but I'm not sure I'm sold on it being the best of the year. Still crazy good and crazy entertaining either way, similar to Jagged Line. Nothing but the best! I wish Atlanta would get here sooner!

I 100% agree with this. I can’t honestly place who is worthy of winning like the past few years. All deserve to be up there in placement but I’m having a hard time picking a winner... last time it was this hard for me was 2015

Edited by WarriorWay
  • Like 2