Menomonie, WI - Sunday, July 7, 2019

Man how SCV has changed over the last 3-4 seasons. Not sure which version I like better. Love them both.

Just now, trumpetcam said:

Great show SCV! Not remotely done yet, which could spell trouble for Bloo later in season. If you don’t get the music, try listening to source material, don’t just bash! Everyone knows Beatles. 

So not liking a jazzy version of the original song is bashing? Okaaaaaaay.

• Haha 1

Not sure what it’s about........ but they sure perform the heck out it !! Uniforms remind me of drum Corp in the ER .

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lance said:

scv's music program is another favorite of mine.

some might say bloo and scv are like yin and yang, but to me they're flip sides of the same brilliant musical coin.

totally agree. Quality is quality. Good design is good design.

4 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

That sounds painful. 

it might be missing an s but we're gonna leave it that way.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, trumpetcam said:

Great show SCV! Not remotely done yet, which could spell trouble for Bloo later in season. If you don’t get the music, try listening to source material, don’t just bash! Everyone knows Beatles. 

Bloo ain’t done either.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

My statement still stands. DID NOT need a jazzy version of Nothing Else Matters. Ruins what the entire song is about in my opinion.

Duly noted lol! I’m sure they’ll take that into account when they design next season! 

• Haha 1

SCV's performance levels are off the charts. I'm no judge but im surprised the bluecoats have been consistently placing above SCV in all captions except percussion. I prefer the SCV brass sound to the Bluecoats this year

The first half of the show still is paced way too slow for my liking but man is that second half really growing on me (and I'm talking musically, don't get me started on this visual program). The closer especially is gorgeous musically, I hope they don't end up changing it up too much 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fracker said:

To be fair all the solos are mic'ed and its really hard to locate the position of the soloist on the field by ear in person.

To be fair, they’ve already filmed SCV like 4 times already these season. You’d think they’d have it figured out by now (or at least almost figured out).

1 minute ago, dcsnare93 said:

I enjoyed both, but now having seen them back to back I feel like Vanguard has more room to grow their show.

They do but last year they didn’t change much except the end, I think what we have is what will stay to the end