Menomonie, WI - Sunday, July 7, 2019

19 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Everything Bloo does is just so top notch / professional. The design - the costumes - the execution. Wow.

That design team has something special. They understand how to do it all at once and have each aspect stand out. We are watching a dynasty evolve right before our eyes. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dcsnare93 said:

I enjoyed both, but now having seen them back to back I feel like Vanguard has more room to grow their show.

Exactly..boom!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The consensus in the house is Vanguards production has become too boring from a pure entertainment standpoint.

I can’t believe that Stephan said he prefers Bluecoats show over Vanguard. He thinks Vanguard may not medal come Indy. We all think it’s a emperor has no clothes production, but we’re a little lose after several margaritas and countless Jell-O shots. 

• Haha 3

I think the biggest issue is the uniforms, especially for judging visual. They are hard to read from a high perspective, especially in contrast with the bright blue coats from the bluecoats.

"The bluecoats" just doesn't feel like a show that if it wins I'd be like "yes, that year the best show was definitely the winning one" like I've felt the past few years. It definitely feels like it deserves a medal, but I'm not sure I'm sold on it being the best of the year. Still crazy good and crazy entertaining either way, similar to Jagged Line. Nothing but the best! I wish Atlanta would get here sooner!

• Confused 1

As echoed by many so far, this has been an outstanding season of drum corps thus far. When the corps raise the level of their competition, we as fans are the ones that win. Bravo to all the staff and members that have been entertaining us so endlessly so far this summer!

And we still have WEEKS until San Antonio!!

• Like 7

Just now, jasgre2000 said:

To be fair, they’ve already filmed SCV like 4 times already these season. You’d think they’d have it figured out by now (or at least almost figured out).

don't they contract it out at each show?

Just now, jeffmolnar said:

Bloo ain’t done either.

True, but they have come out clearly more polished and prepared to be great now. I think we all know BD and SCV aim Much more for end of season. Top 3 should be incredible by seasons end!

• Confused 1

Just now, trumpetcam said:

Duly noted lol! I’m sure they’ll take that into account when they design next season! 

Your snippiness when someone states their opinion when it's against yours is duly noted as well. :guinesssmilie:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Things will get really fun when you throw BD back in.  You just know they’re gonna come back in swinging hard. 

Regardless of who I like or wins I am LOVING this season. 

The east isn't ready for the Devils 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2