Madison Scouts now officially co-ed

24 minutes ago, hc6434ot said:

No matter the situation they are in right now, this change is long overdue whether anyone likes it or not. The whole all-male corps thing seems extremely chauvinistic to me. Times have changed, and they’re missing out on some of the best talent out there. However, I think this will only be successful if there is a shake up in the administration after the season. If that doesn’t happen, then I don’t think much will change. 

Yet no one would blink an eye if any of the all female corps stuck around, or if a new all female corps was started up today. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Nine White Russians said:

Well then, let's just tear down all fraternities, sororities, all male colleges, all female colleges, any associations or clubs because they are chauvinistic ...let's make everyone and everything all inclusive, take away any and all distinctions, uniqueness, tear down the evil patriarchy!!!!!!!!! 

Exactly!!!! Finally a voice of reasoning (albeit sarcastic lol). Don’t forget the NFL, the NBA, The MLB etc....

Hell my dream is to attend Smith University (all female). Forget the other 1000’s of universities available to me. That’s the one I want!!!!! 

BTW there are close to 40 all women’s colleges in the USA. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GREENBLUE said:

Exactly!!!! Finally a voice of reasoning (albeit sarcastic lol). Don’t forget the NFL, the NBA, The MLB etc....

Hell my dream is to attend Smith University (all female). Forget the other 1000’s of universities available to me. That’s the one I want!!!!! 

BTW there are close to 40 all women’s colleges in the USA. 

THIS!

100% THIS!

It's not about equality for all and never has been.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, rmurrey74 said:

About time!!  Great move Madison!  It’s great seeing so many positive reactions from current members and staff on Facebook compared to here.

let's be respectful of people's reactions - not everyone is going to agree, and just because they don't agree with you or I - they are not "wrong"

it's an opinion

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1