Madison Scouts now officially co-ed

We took a vote on the success of this decision to go co-ed and it was three to one against the decision. Stephan, Lucas and me against with Ramon in favor. I asked Murphy our cat what he thought and he jumped off the sofa and walked into the bedroom. Seems he’s disgusted too! 

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Yes. Cavaliers were king when I was age eligible (roughly 01-07). I knew I could never be a part of that and it was hurtful especially when you are raised to believe women can do anything they want- except have a DCI ring.

Cadets 2005 would have given you a ring. 🤷🏻

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

You heard it here folks! Scouts failed because they're all male. Guess the Cavaliers will be failing next year too!

Reading comprehension, at times, isn't your strong suit 

• Haha 6

20 minutes ago, jimwolf359 said:

I think this is a good move for the Scouts. I think it will help with recruitment but for the move to work the Corps also needs to move into the present with show design. I don't know the particulars of the other problems the Corps has internally but getting into the present with design is essential. I love the show this year, it's fun but it's not going to move the Corps back into Finals. 

I'm just hoping that whatever they do next year, it still feels like a show the Madison Scouts would do. I like this year's show too, but I just wish they did more with it. If they completely change their style and put out shows similar to what BK, Blue Stars, and some other corps do then I will be worried. I thought Last Man Standing was a pretty good show that pushed the boundaries for them, but I still felt a bit of Madison in it. I don't know if they could push it much further in that direction and still sound like the Madison Scouts though.

Edited by Tupid_06
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

And Blue Devils 2007.  Out of the 47 years DCI has been around only 9 of those years has been won by an all-male corps.

10 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Yes. Actually there were 3/7 years there. But still not good odds. And the Cavaliers shows those years were A LOT more fun.

Thanks for being such a nice guy and pointing that out. And thanks to everyone laughing and liking too.

Edited by ThePlanets

3 minutes ago, drummer5485 said:

And Blue Devils 2007.  Out of the 47 years DCI has been around only 9 of those years has been won by an all-male corps.

Right and over half of those were 00-06. Otherwise it was sporadic 

7 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Yes. Actually there were 3/7 years there. But still not good odds. And the Cavaliers shows those years were A LOT more fun.

Thanks for being such a nice guy and pointing that out. And thanks to everyone laughing and liking too.

I'm sorry, but you made it out like you couldn't have gotten a ring during those years, and the fact is you could have. You also act like winning was your only reason for wanting to do DCI, when in fact the education of it should have came first, winning second. Which further proves that the Madison Scouts going co-ed will fix nothing because do you honestly think that these kids are going to receive the best music education from the team that has brought us "Majestic"? Based on what I saw from the Zionsville show, I'm gonna say no.