Madison Scouts now officially co-ed

Go coed fine, but CK-you have FAILED are using this as the reason you should stay.

CK, RESIGN!!! You’ve failed the organization more than you have the guts to admit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

desperate times call for desperate measures and totally ignores the common denominator to their mounting issues for several seasons. bringing in females is not going to help them when you can't attract or retain staff....and give them a chance to gel and grow together...that can build design to entice talent to come.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

8 minutes ago, bullethead said:

Not fishing at all, just asking for some clarification of your thoughts. 

There are men-only and women only soccer leagues.
Victoria's Secret makes women's garments
Women can't be President of a fraternity

The list goes on and on....

Got it. Understand now. Wasn’t inferring we have separate gender corps. Just referring to the fact that there are plenty of opportunities out there that are available to women that are either equal to or in some cases unavailable to men.

• Thanks 1

I support the upgrade.  I have never seen a benefit in the exclusion.  

I do not understand the comments about 18 year old males wanting "a unique experience" with men.  Really?  I don't remember everything about being an 18 year old male but I do remember how enriching it was to be involved in youth organizations that involved young women.  I suspect it will be both good for the organization and the personal growth of the kids who take part.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

But it does shine the spotlight on them whether it's warranted or not. The time has come to not exclude women, well, it's been time for a long time.

Again, if there were not 40 other corps available for women to march I would agree to this statement. The Cavaliers being all male does not change the direction of the activity. And again I make the point...at any time dci and it’s fans would welcome an all female corps.

3 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Again, if there were not 40 other corps available for women to march I would agree to this statement. The Cavaliers being all male does not change the direction of the activity. And again I make the point...at any time dci and it’s fans would welcome an all female corps.

How old are you? Just wondering.

1 hour ago, FlamMan said:

Exactly. The Scouts adding girls with the same regime and show design changes nothing. This is a move made by a failed BOD and leadership team because who would criticize equality? 

I don’t know that it changes nothing. Show design can certainly be a lot more flexible when you have both male and female members. Dancing around with cut outs of women’s n has to go down as one of the worst design decisions ever made.

Also, obviously, you double the number of potential recruits to the corps . That can only improve the quality of your membership overall. 

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, StrongResolution said:

I support the upgrade.  I have never seen a benefit in the exclusion.  

I do not understand the comments about 18 year old males wanting "a unique experience" with men.  Really?  I don't remember everything about being an 18 year old male but I do remember how enriching it was to be involved in youth organizations that involved young women.  I suspect it will be both good for the organization and the personal growth of the kids who take part.

Just because you don’t understand the comments from young men doesn’t mean their reasoning doesnt exist. Watch interviews on social media with Cavies members, talk to Cavaliers FMM, talk to men that have joined fraternities. It’s a BIG reason.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

desperate times call for desperate measures and totally ignores the common denominator to their mounting issues for several seasons. bringing in females is not going to help them when you can't attract or retain staff....and give them a chance to gel and grow together...that can build design to entice talent to come.

We don’t always agree Jeff, but you are spot on in this one. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

There are 22 WC corps in which a young man can march. There are 21 WC corps in which a young woman can march. I'll say it for a third time: if I take my band to a show and a talented young female trumpet player tells me she wants to march Cavies because she loved them, I tell her unfortunately she can't audition because she's a woman. I tell a young man of equal talent & ambition that he is free to audition for any of the corps he saw that night. Does it need to be like that?

By the way, Greenblue, you never responded early when you attempted to find hypocrisy with my point, but I think it's equally as problematic with Xmen guard & Phantom's guard the Juliet year. If I have a talented male performer in color guard, I think he should also be able to audition for all 22 WC color guards. IDGAF about your design choices. No WC corps should be turning away a talented, hard working kid with a good attitude based solely on the kid's gender. I do believe that includes Cavies & Scouts.

Edited by Jake W.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2