Madison Scouts now officially co-ed

10 minutes ago, Jake W. said:

Sorry, I'm not letting you skirt by on one of the points you initially made:

"And your argument will work with me when I can take my young male student who really wanted to be a member of this years Crossmen guard or audition for Phantoms Guard many years"

You went on to talk about members then kicked out of Phantom's or Xmen's guards for an all-female year, but you initially said young men who can't audition for those guards in general on all-female years, not just men who were in before and then kicked out when the guard switched for a year. And I am saying that isn't right either; I agree with you. How do you see that that's no different than Cavies & Scouts not allowing women to audition?

Because young ladies have known since 1948 that the Cavaliers are an all male corps. 

Just like I knew growing up that I could never join the women’s swim team. Why can’t I? I could’ve tried out and beat them. That’s your argument. I should be given a chance right? I had more talent/more physical. Why can’t I be on their team?

oh wait... I can try out for the men’s team???

oh wait...I can try out for another corps???

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Because young ladies have known since 1948 that the Cavaliers are an all male corps. 

Just like I knew growing up that I could never join the women’s swim team. Why can’t I? I could’ve tried out and beat them. That’s your argument. I should be given a chance right? I had more talent/more physical. Why can’t I be on their team?

oh wait... I can try out for the men’s team???

oh wait...I can try out for another corps???

False equivalence due to many reasons that I'm sure have been explained to you countless times.

This is a good move for Madison, and yes, the Cavaliers will be next. Whether it's next year or next decade, it will happen. You can avoid tons of unnecessary mental anguish if you just accept that and move on with your life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Exactly!!!! Finally a voice of reasoning (albeit sarcastic lol). Don’t forget the NFL, the NBA, The MLB etc....

Hell my dream is to attend Smith University (all female). Forget the other 1000’s of universities available to me. That’s the one I want!!!!! 

BTW there are close to 40 all women’s colleges in the USA. 

I would like to attend an all female college, as long as I do not have to take academic classes.   :dancin:

4 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

False equivalence due to many reasons that I'm sure have been explained to you countless times.

This is a good move for Madison, and yes, the Cavaliers will be next. Whether it's next year or next decade, it will happen. You can avoid tons of unnecessary mental anguish if you just accept that and move on with your life.

Unnecessary mental anguish? Please.

And again the statement “it will happen.”

Just because you say it doesn’t make it so.

of course anything can happen. but it won’t happen because of the reasons it happened with Madison.

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GREENBLUE said:

Unnecessary mental anguish? Please.

And again the statement “it will happen.”

Just because you say it doesn’t make it so.

k. I'll bookmark this post for when it happens.

47 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m B.  

I'm both A and B.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

k. I'll bookmark this post for when it happens.

Hopefully we’ll both still be alive.

and if does happen I hope it’s not handled like Madison.

Edited by GREENBLUE

40 minutes ago, cybersnyder said:

Wanna bet? The writing is on the wall.

Nah.  Graffiti is illegal in Rosemont.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

Where did you march, Jeff?