Madison Scouts now officially co-ed

1 hour ago, ThePlanets said:

This is interesting. I thought the baby boomers were the most progressive generation to date. Hello. Woodstock? 

Peace? Love?

Was it the boomers that fueled the change for gender inclusion in so many other corps?

I did.  When I was 14. 

• Like 3

I've got no problem with an organization being gender exclusive.  It is a noble thing to serve the specific interests and needs of a specific population...

(sarcasm filter engaged)

This change at Madison is absolutely unprecedented!  What a betrayal of the history and purpose that the organization has upheld for generations!

In fact, I find it absurd that an organization doing such noble work should ever be compelled for any reason to sacrifice its initial mandate.  There could never be a better interest to serve than that!

Dadnabbit! If the Canton Police BOYS club wants to start a band... then who is anyone to tell them that they should do it differently!

(sarcasm filter disengaged)

:peek:

Edited by cfirwin3

20 hours ago, HolyNOLA said:

I'd like to point out that I predicted this on this board only a week ago. 

Dammm good job Crescent city. :worthy:

Do you have numbers on the next power ball? :offtopic:

Did the girl from last season get a spot this season?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gantang said:

Did the girl from last season get a spot this season?

Nothing aggravated me more than someone that talented being stuck behind a prop for half of the show. The thing to do was to just suit her up and put her in the line.  

I said that all of last year. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 5

32 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I did.  When I was 14. 

I think I may need to clarify (again). Although I am not myself a baby boomer I think this generation fueled social change better than any other, certainly better than my generation. 

I'm confused with the sudden rage against baby boomers.

Did you go to Woodstock? That's really cool if you did! I was pulling for a Bluecoats Woodstock show...lol.

I think that some ridiculous out of line things have been posted on this thread but it has little to do with the age of the poster.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

Nothing aggravated me more than someone that talented being stuck behind a prop for half of the show. The thing to do was to just suit her up and put her in the line.  

Yeah. They definitely didn't know what to do with her. Very awkward.

3 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

I think I may need to clarify (again). Although I am not myself a baby boomer I think this generation fueled social change better than any other, certainly better than my generation. 

I'm confused with the sudden rage against baby boomers.

Did you go to Woodstock? That's really cool if you did! I was pulling for a Bluecoats Woodstock show...lol.

I think that some ridiculous out of line things have been posted on this thread but it has little to do with the age of the poster.

No, I was a little too young for Woodstock but my husband, who is five years older than I am, went to Goose Lake, Michigan for the big rock festival.  Which was comparable to Woodstock in 1969. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I said that all of last year. 

OT:

As well, I thought the Cadets underutilized the amazing violinist a couple of years back.