Madison Scouts now officially co-ed

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Should they turn the page and totally rebrand?  Maybe even change the name?  In a way, perhaps this could help bring closure by saying farewell to the Madison Scouts. And hello to a rebranded new Madison corps. It would remove the - quit changing my corps - feeling by letting the old Madison Scouts RIP.  And then it’s off to the future with the new Madison corps. 

Just a thought. It will be rousingly hated but hey, I enjoy the banter 

There have been corps such as Racine Scouts and Yokohama Scouts that kept the "Scouts" name while also being coed. I don't think there's any need to change the name, especially ever since BSA allowed women to join last year.

54 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

The Capital Sound name is available.

So is Capitolaires. 

Edited by Gantang
grammar
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

So I Read from page 1-10 and stopped because why torture yourself.. 

But in reading those pages you can definitely tell there are two types of people on this thread. One that someone feel somehow threatened by this move, and other that simply embrace it.. 

Recently in a Future of Drum Corps thread I predicted the end of All Male Corps, because simply in this day and age of equality there is no room for discrimination... And enforcing a rule that eliminated 50% of the population from joining your organization simply because of their Sex is discrimination.. 

And in this world, there is no room for Fraternistic teachings, There is no room for Men to be Men (in the old sense), because that is simply an awful horrible existence for Women, You have to teach boys growing up now that Women are to be treated with respect as TRUE equals, because in many cases they are the greater of the two.. (The USWNT is a clear example of that.) You cannot teach a boy how to be man without teaching a boy how to be a man around/towards women. 

Equality is a hard pill to swallow for those who are fearful of the power they will lose, but Equality is the only way forward, whether you want it or not. 

That's a whole lot of assumption my friend 

7 hours ago, cfirwin3 said:

I've got no problem with an organization being gender exclusive.  It is a noble thing to serve the specific interests and needs of a specific population...

(sarcasm filter engaged)

This change at Madison is absolutely unprecedented!  What a betrayal of the history and purpose that the organization has upheld for generations!

In fact, I find it absurd that an organization doing such noble work should ever be compelled for any reason to sacrifice its initial mandate.  There could never be a better interest to serve than that!

Dadnabbit! If the Canton Police BOYS club wants to start a band... then who is anyone to tell them that they should do it differently!

(sarcasm filter disengaged)

:peek:

You know, if you have to point out the fact that you're being sarcastic, it ruins the effect of the sarcasm. 

2 hours ago, jeffmolnar said:

That’s assuming the historical power dynamics between the goose and gander have been equal. That was not the case previously, and it still isn’t the case now. Hence the nuance.

Regardless, the Crossmen guard situation is also crappy. 

equal is equal. if lets say someone sued, a judge isn't going to give a #### about designer whims

8 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

And in this world, there is no room for Fraternistic teachings, There is no room for Men to be Men (in the old sense), because that is simply an awful horrible existence for Women, You have to teach boys growing up now that Women are to be treated with respect as TRUE equals, because in many cases they are the greater of the two.. (The USWNT is a clear example of that.) You cannot teach a boy how to be man without teaching a boy how to be a man around/towards women. 

So when will I be able to try out for the USWNT?  

Equality and all...

2 minutes ago, HolyNOLA said:

So when will I be able to try out for the USWNT?  

Equality and all...

Having seen them play, it seems possible that men have always been allowef to try out, but none have been good enough to make the team.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

You know, if you have to point out the fact that you're being sarcastic, it ruins the effect of the sarcasm. 

Perhaps... But it also saves time in the long run by avoiding extensive explanation for those that are blind to it.  'Sarcasm Blindness' is an environmental hazard of Internet chat forums.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

So I Read from page 1-10 and stopped because why torture yourself.. 

But in reading those pages you can definitely tell there are two types of people on this thread. One that someone feel somehow threatened by this move, and other that simply embrace it.. 

Recently in a Future of Drum Corps thread I predicted the end of All Male Corps, because simply in this day and age of equality there is no room for discrimination... And enforcing a rule that eliminated 50% of the population from joining your organization simply because of their Sex is discrimination.. 

Equality is a hard pill to swallow for those who are fearful of the power they will lose, but Equality is the only way forward, whether you want it or not. 

"Your virtue signaling is noted."  -  a poster earlier in the thread

"A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."  -  Don Vito Corleone