Madison Scouts now officially co-ed

6 hours ago, FlamMan said:

The Scouts have Chuck and are ranked 17th. Did the Scouts  announce a college kid as their arranger and then fire him???

5 hours ago, skevinp said:

So the policy change was solely the director's decision and not also that of the board?

Again didn’t they get a new board director recently?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, skevinp said:

So the policy change was solely the director's decision and not also that of the board?

Is there any difference between the two?  Far as I can tell the board is a rubber stamp for the director. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Is there any difference between the two?  Far as I can tell the board is a rubber stamp for the director. 

I love that term, 'rubber stamp'.  It cracks me up every time I hear it used.  It implies that every unanimous decision or outcome by which the chairperson affirms is somehow illegitimate.

Sounds to me like most (or all) of the board agrees on the direction (right or wrong)... not much more to it than that.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

I love that term, 'rubber stamp'.  It cracks me up every time I hear it used.  It implies that every unanimous decision or outcome by which the chairperson affirms is somehow illegitimate.

Sounds to me like most (or all) of the board agrees on the direction (right or wrong)... not much more to it than that.

You people are a tough crowd. Already I have to stop using “virtue signaling”. Now I have to stop using “rubber stamp” too?  Ugh. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

You people are a tough crowd. Already I have to stop using “virtue signaling”. Now I have to stop using “rubber stamp” too?  Ugh. 

As pointed out, the Madison BOD evaluated the decision and voted to implement the policy. Most corporations and non-profits work that way, btw - a CEO  proposes action,  the BOD discusses, and in a great majority of the cases, agrees with the proposal. It doesn't make those boards "rubber stamp", it makes them functioning normally.

Edited by Slingerland

Just now, Slingerland said:

As pointed out, the Madison BOD evaluated the decision and voted to implement the policy. Most corporations and non-profits work that way, btw - a CEO  proposes action,  the BOD discusses, and in a great majority of the cases, agrees with the proposal. It doesn't make those boards "rubber stamp", it makes them functioning normally.

Ok if you want to keep going on this. Yes, it Does make the BOD a rubber stamp. Or how else should I say it, largely ineffective in their oversight responsibility. If that’s what you call functioning normally, I can agree with that. Top to bottom, across the US, BODs are “good old boy” clubs picked by CEOs that rarely go against the wishes of the CEO. And it’s one big reason that executive salaries have exploded obscenely. No one says “no”.  Cadets BOD was that way. Good on them for flushing the BOD and starting over. My hope is that the same happens with Madison. 

19 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Well... Virtue Signaling is a poor (political weaponization) of a much better and meaningful term known as 'moral piety' or 'pietism'.  When you use the former it exhibits as the very offense that it claims to expose.  When you use the latter (more specific, and longer standing) term, it doesn't backfire.

Rubber stamp is another political weaponization.

Edited by cfirwin3
  • Like 1