Madison Scouts now officially co-ed

Just watched the show for the first time. 

All the women in the world aren’t saving this 1980’s show design. 

This management team and designers need to be replaced.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

In the coed spirit and newfound zeal for inclusion and such, I call for an immediate replacement of the executive director with a woman!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

Just watched the show for the first time. 

All the women in the world aren’t saving this 1980’s show design. 

This management team and designers need to be replaced.

Yup. The co-ed announcement is intended to paint this regime as good guys. After all, how could anyone fire the guys who replaced a discriminatory and misogynistic admission policy?

32 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

In the coed spirit and newfound zeal for inclusion and such, I call for an immediate replacement of the executive director with a woman!!!

Just stay within the 58 Facebook genders. If they try to go to a 59th, I'm done. 

As a former Madison mom, I see many subtopics with regards to this decision:

1. The corps has tried to maintain tradition in membership, instruction, presentation, design, etc for years

2. The corps' leadership has been reluctant to change instruction, presentation, design for years because the alumni want tradition upheld

3. The corps' leadership has not been able to merge tradition and progress successfully enough to keep up with other corps' products

4. The spin becomes how members feel about being in the corps, with less emphasis of the scores that they receive from competitions

5. Yet, this is a competition. How members feel (and the audience) of each sides' perspective has a lot to do with intrinsic and extrinsic values.  

6. Bottom line: score better as all male or score better as coed.  But, I truly think that if the scores (proof is in the pudding) were better, then this decision to go coed would not be taking place.  

7. I think the fallacy is that the leadership thinks they need to recruit better talent ... and since Madison is not in the position to recruit based upon their placements, they are not going to be able to recruit merely based upon "this is going to be a great brotherhood experience".  Any corps creates a culture within itself - great memories and such.  So, if Madison is down to only having that aspect to market itself, the coed decision is the last straw.

8.  BUT ... will women want to join Madison??  And those that do?  Will they want to stay or will they become interested in better scoring groups?  Women do not necessarily bring solutions to the group - they just bring another side of the biology.  

9.  IMPROVE YOUR PRODUCT and all will be better.  Better design, better instruction, better investment in learning how corps are delivering a presentation, less stubbornness to change.

10. If these men had already been open minded, they might have merged tradition and progress long ago.

1 hour ago, FlamMan said:

Yup. The co-ed announcement is intended to paint this regime as good guys. After all, how could anyone fire the guys who replaced a discriminatory and misogynistic admission policy?

It’s easy.... fire them and replace them with a woman. Lol.

1 hour ago, FlamMan said:

I, personally, think that the choice to go coed is a good one.  But, even if I didn't,  I can see that it might be a good reason that I have not seen expressed before.  

It may help in recruiting BOD members.  I can easily see executives of major companies being somewhat hesitant to join a BOD of a non-profit that only serves guys.  

4 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Will this now make them from Newfound land?

On 7/12/2019 at 9:08 AM, FlamMan said:

Quite easily, perhaps because they are bad at their day-to-day jobs (running the corps/hiring design staff), which has nothing to do with them deciding on an inclusive membership policy.