Positive thoughts about Madison Scouts' future

" I've long stated that drum corps is whatever drum corps becomes. " - Michael Boo

It's hard to argue that fact, and I must agree with my colleague's statement, and it's philosophical implications.

Tradition is important and needs to be respected. The best corps have also had a tradition of innovation. In no way are those concepts mutually exclusive. They are complimentary, and one does not diminish the significance of the other.

When we were in charge, we did drum corps our way, to the best of our abilities. The Scouts, along with every other corps, have the right to choose their own way forward.

Here's to the next 81 years of Madison.

Edited by ironlips
  • Like 8

:thumbup: to Mr. Boo. Well said and thank you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Perhaps one day again corps will be rewarded for marching and playing at the same time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Michael Boo said:

I believe this isn't about The Cavaliers; this is about the Scouts and it should remain so.

Thank you for saying this. A very fair and thoughtful comment. Each corps has to decide its own future.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ranintothedoor said:

My visceral reaction is against the trend toward de-genderizing everything for the sake of a false idea of what "equality" is.  

I think what we would wish for in all of our relationships is "equality of opportunity".  That is what I took from the BOD's statement.  

• Like 2

I'm positive this won't fix the bigger issues. :)

• Like 1

The timing of this is very suspicious. Why not wait 'till the end of the season? 

• Like 1