Genesis 2019

I couldn't find a thread for them, although I swear I saw one earlier the season. If so, mods, please merge!!

FINALLY was able to stumble across a video posted from one of the recent WA shows. I'm really pleased with what I saw. I understand the brass is incredibly young -- 7 returning members is the rumor -- and they sound terrific. I don't dig the original Key Poulan book (as a general rule), but I get that's it's good for them and where they're at now competitively. Guard looks terrific & confident. I love the prop integration and the visual design as a whole. It's just flat out a solid show.

Last year was truly heartbreaking to watch. Coupled with the crazy off-season happenings at (or the rumors surrounding) Genesis, and then combined with their age (the corps is just now 10 years old for christ's sake!!), I was really worried that last year would be too hard a season to recover from. That does not appear to be the case. Yes, the corps is young, but the building blocks are obviously being put back in place. If Genesis can stick around after last season, they will have proven they are indeed a resilient corps intending to stay here as a competitive World Class unit, and that appears to be just what they're proving so far.

Honestly, a really impressive performance, Genesis. I can't wait to see what the rest of the season and the future holds!

• Like 1

I’m also very encouraged in what I see and hear.  We still know a lot of really good people in the Genesis organization, and in our convos with staff and students in the lot it sounds like they are all having a fun and rewarding summer.  Most of their vets scattered to other corps after last year, but it would appear that “From the Ground Up” is also about rebuilding trust & traditions inside Genesis.

Have a great next 10 years Fenix people.  See you down the road!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

First time being able to catch Genesis on FLO and not via a bootlegged video; excellent improvement!

The show works really, really well. Love the props, the whole visual design, the really demanding drill at the end under the mello sustain, and especially the ballad hit with the corps elevated on the props. Seems as if everyone really enjoys performing the show. It's a great show, just clean it at this point! Best of luck the last month of the season, Genesis!!

• Like 3

I would love it if every World Class corps regularly ended the season with a score of at least 75 (meaning they deserved it, not that it was just given to them).

Congrats on pulling ahead of a very strong Music City last night, Genesis! I don't think a single person expected that. Looking back, though, it was totally justified, and clearly most of the judges agreed that was the correct call. Really impressed watching the San Antonio performance. The corps just keeps getting better. Keep up the hard work!!

11 minutes ago, Jake W. said:

Congrats on pulling ahead of a very strong Music City last night, Genesis! I don't think a single person expected that. Looking back, though, it was totally justified, and clearly most of the judges agreed that was the correct call. Really impressed watching the San Antonio performance. The corps just keeps getting better. Keep up the hard work!!

I absolutely love the way they use their props.  I think they really get it.  Great show.  I hope Genesis continues to grow and succeed.

19 minutes ago, Jake W. said:

We still have a lot of great friends in Genesis.  Awesome to see the organization putting it out there with such a great product this year!

• Like 1

I haven’t seen the show but I keep hearing about a “wall of sound “. Finally saw a picture of them stacked on their props! Holy smokes, I bet that is cool!!