Valdosta, GA - Monday, July 8, 2019

Quotes from friend there:

“Crown felt a little off but that brass line and Sacktig drill do not quit. Drums were on their game too.”

”Crown kinda needs a new ending but I'm sure they will do that because that's what they do lol”

“Phantom very clearly turned on the "#### it" switch because they were AGGRESSIVE. Dirty as sin but the crowd ate it up. Bigger reaction than Crown and it wasn't particularly close”

“Music City was campy but a lot of fun. I wish they'd give the hornline more to do, but I kinda get why”

“Surf was a lot of fun. I loved the fishies lol. Super colorful and the hornline was really quite good”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, g00fyg00ber said:

I believe this is a home show for Spirit right? Hope they get a great reception!

Yes, a Spirit home show on Jim Ott day, so they are likely wearing their black armbands.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Yes, a Spirit home show on Jim Ott day, so they are likely wearing their black armbands/legbands (I keep forgetting which one it is they wear every year on this day).

Arm. RIP Jim. Was at Legion Field in 80 for finals. Very emotional to see Jim Ott spelled out in the folding seats on the opposite side.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

More:

“Spirit... Well, now that's one of the most unique shows I've ever seen. Love the costume changes, and the drumline killed it. It didn't feel like the hornline is confident in the show though. And I feel like it needs a "signature moment" to make it stand out.”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1