Valdosta, GA - Monday, July 8, 2019

I was hoping for a little higher number from Crown tonight, but the content scores are looking pretty nice all around (especially if tonights performance was off). Loving the momentum Phantom is gaining, this show is truly better than we've seen the past couple years and I think they should be there Saturday.

• Like 3

I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.  Phantom's show was getting pounded by a lot of posters after their first few shows, but I thought they were being underscored and should have been ahead of Spirit. 

Edited by bluesman
spelling
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, bluesman said:

I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.  Phantom's show was getting pounded by a lot of posters after their few shows, but I thought they were being underscored and should have been ahead of Spirit. 

I pounded them more on how dirty they were and what I saw as a lack of definition in the basics...feet and brass in particular.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, drummergirl said:

Quotes from friend there:

“Crown felt a little off but that brass line and Sacktig drill do not quit. Drums were on their game too.”

”Crown kinda needs a new ending but I'm sure they will do that because that's what they do lol”

“Phantom very clearly turned on the "#### it" switch because they were AGGRESSIVE. Dirty as sin but the crowd ate it up. Bigger reaction than Crown and it wasn't particularly close”

“Music City was campy but a lot of fun. I wish they'd give the hornline more to do, but I kinda get why”

“Surf was a lot of fun. I loved the fishies lol. Super colorful and the hornline was really quite good”

I guess it's time for me to give Phantom's show another chance

• Like 4