Mankato, MN - Tuesday, July 9, 2019

2 hours ago, Prsmpower4 said:

Scores aside...Blue Stars won’t get above 7th come finals.  

Wow....that's a bold prediction there!  LOL

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I'm kind of worried about Bloo peaking too soon and flatlining, especially with how much BD's show has improved (and will improve over the next several weeks), but we'll see. No doubt Bloo is a very strong corps at the moment.

I'm sure a number of their fans are worried a little. Bluecoats have simply not had to change a lot -- yet -- because they came out so polished and prepared with what looks to be a top 3 show for sure. I think most of us would be shocked if this show is not top 3. But weird things can happen. 

As BD and SCV continue to polish and make changes -- in large part because they have had to -- the race will tighten. I have been saying all along that BD's show has a lot of potential and will likely be very hot coming down the stretch run. But it's not quite there yet, especially the closer. In the next few weeks I think we will see Bluecoats react to the judges comments while also making some changes that they have been planning. It's definitely a fantastic year once again. So many great shows, but I do feel the top 3 will be Bloo, BD, and SCV in some order. 

On 7/9/2019 at 1:28 PM, N.E. Brigand said:

Are Govies not doing their full show tonight? Or is that an error on DCI's schedule? Soundsport groups have ten minutes, but didn't Govies get a score from DCI the other night?

That looks like an error. We performed our show and got a score both nights.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

I'm sure a number of their fans are worried a little. Bluecoats have simply not had to change a lot -- yet -- because they came out so polished and prepared with what looks to be a top 3 show for sure. I think most of us would be shocked if this show is not top 3. But weird things can happen. 

As BD and SCV continue to polish and make changes -- in large part because they have had to -- the race will tighten. I have been saying all along that BD's show has a lot of potential and will likely be very hot coming down the stretch run. But it's not quite there yet, especially the closer. In the next few weeks I think we will see Bluecoats react to the judges comments while also making some changes that they have been planning. It's definitely a fantastic year once again. So many great shows, but I do feel the top 3 will be Bloo, BD, and SCV in some order. 

You’re assumption is that changes made to a show improve the show on the sheets. As we all know, that is definitely not necessarily the case.

Also, remember that Boston, Crown and Cavaliers are not far behind and are also making changes to their shows.

18 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

You’re assumption is that changes made to a show improve the show on the sheets. As we all know, that is definitely not necessarily the case.

Also, remember that Boston, Crown and Cavaliers are not far behind and are also making changes to their shows.

No, I'm not assuming that because I know there are plenty of bad changes to be made...even by good and talented staff and design teams. I agree with you on that. I was being more general about changes. I think we're on the same page.

5 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

No, I'm not assuming that because I know there are plenty of bad changes to be made...even by good and talented staff and design teams. I agree with you on that. I was being more general about changes. I think we're on the same page.

Mannequins.