7:45 PM    Colt Cadets - Dubuque, IA
8:02 PM    Crossmen - San Antonio, TX
8:19 PM    Mandarins - Sacramento, CA
8:36 PM    The Cadets - Allentown, PA
9:00 PM    Scores Announced

Elwood Olsen Stadium at Morningside College
3201 Peters Ave.
Sioux City, IA 51106

Will this still be a full panel or even a judged show at all? I’m most interested in seeing how the Mandarins compare to the Crossmen and Cadets, given it’s their first show away from the West Coast.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Will this still be a full panel or even a judged show at all? I’m most interested in seeing how the Mandarins compare to the Crossmen and Cadets, given it’s their first show away from the West Coast.

Last year at this show there were only 4 world class corps and 2 open class corps and it was judged, and the rule that passed last year requires every show this year to have a full panel. Somehow the Mesa, AZ show this year defied that—not sure how.

And if I had to guess, I’m thinking Mandarins will finish *tonight* just barely behind Crossmen. Mandarins have made several changes to their show (some are fairly significant) in the past week, so it may take a little time for them to get more solid with those.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Edited by brassboy
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

This is what I'm looking forward to.

And if I had to guess, I’m thinking Mandarins will finish *tonight* just barely behind Crossmen. Mandarins have made several changes to their show (some are fairly significant) in the past week, so it may take a little time for them to get more solid with those.

I'm glad this show isn't in the "predict the scores" competition.  I honestly don't know what's going to happen...and that's exciting.

Edited by barigirl78
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

This is what I'm looking forward to.

I'm glad this show isn't in the "predict the scores" competition.  I honestly don't know what's going to happen...and that's exciting.

And you secretly yearn for Texas to upend Allentown....

1 minute ago, xandandl said:

And you secretly yearn for Texas to upend Allentown....

I'd be happy with Sacramento first.  No secret.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I didn’t know they still had this show.  Bugs.  Lots of ‘em.  Even by upper Midwest standards. 

But now in 2019 they take the legion of fireflies, horse flies, and corn critters, - tell the judges they have LED lights on them - and demand extra GE points for coordinating with the manure Toth, Chandler  and similar have spouted for what they call "show theme for our 2019 presentation."

Edited by xandandl
  • Haha 1

A word to the "wise" about where one warms up for tonight's contest.  Just posted at the show site:

Photo from @morningside.edu on Facebook on Morningside College at 6/29/19 at 3:21PM

Due to the heat, the Betty Ling Tsang Concert tonight will be moved indoors to Eppley Auditorium. We will STILL have fireworks at dusk on the lawn of the Buhler Outdoor performance space.