New Cadets Sexual Assault Accusation

Here we go again.  Apparently happened last summer.  According to the video in the link there are lawyers as well as Indiana Child Protective Services involved.   

https://www.wfmz.com/news/lehigh-valley/parent-cadets-drum-and-bugle-corps-didn-t-do-enough-after-alleged-sexual-assault/1093515266

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
further clarification and pontificating

So DCI knew about it and CPS investigated. And nothing done to punish the Cadets and probation lifted by DCI. Given the new normal seems to me like the whole story isn’t out there. I’ve seen the letter and there’s holes

• Like 7

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

So DCI knew about it and CPS investigated. And nothing done to punish the Cadets and probation lifted by DCI. Given the new normal seems to me like the whole story isn’t out there. I’ve seen the letter and there’s holes

I have also seen the letter and police report and CPS report and also believe there is a lot more to the story. I do think Cadets tried to do the right thing, but also think they may have fallen a bit short.

• Like 1

I'm sure YEA is preparing a press release detailing their response.

There's a lot more to this story - I will just leave it at that,

George.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I'm sure YEA is preparing a press release detailing their response.

There's a lot more to this story - I will just leave it at that,

George.

Why didn't YEA (or DCI) put out a statement last summer as soon as they found out the alleged assault occurred?  It makes it look like a coverup. And now YEA / DCI are in catch-up mode.   Perception is reality.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
1-tick for English execution
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

This time member to member and both minors.... not going further until read more about incident and DCI/YEA policies dealing with this. Kept reading about staff, volunteers and adults so not sure about member/member and both minors 

edit: oh I hope “the corps did what it was required to do” said by the reporter was not a direct quote from YEA. That phrase just makes me cringe...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Since we don't know the details a good idea might be to just wait to see what really happened and not start the circus  over again. Or are we going to get the sharks circling looking for fresh blood.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Why didn't YEA )or DCI) put out a statement last summer as soon as they found out the alleged assault occurred?  It makes it look like a coverup. And now YEA / DCI are in catch-up mode.   Perception is reality.

Maybe authorities requested that nothing be said until their investigation was completed to avoid mis-info from making the rounds.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Why didn't YEA )or DCI) put out a statement last summer as soon as they found out the alleged assault occurred?  It makes it look like a coverup. And now YEA / DCI are in catch-up mode.   Perception is reality.

That’s a good question, but I keep thinking about it in the context of a sexual harassment complaint at work. They don’t announce ongoing investigations. They conduct the investigations under confidentiality rules to protect both parties.  Everything is on a “need to know” basis.  I am okay with that  

In this case, Which is appears to still be under investigation by the police, I am not sure what the general public had a right to know. 

(Just pondering)

• Like 4