New Cadets Sexual Assault Accusation

I'm sure the cadets are not allowing male/female room mates  so this is a same sex issue it appears.

If, as it sounds, YEA immediately contacted the police and DCI (and the parents of course) and followed their directions, then it sounds, initially, as if they handled this responsibly. Naturally this is all subject to more detail.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

“need to know” basis.

Do you work for Uncle Sam? Use that a lot too even when not at the base

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Do you work for Uncle Sam? Use that a lot too even when not at the base

No. 

Actually I work in the private sector, where customers can choose to work with us or not—and reputation makes a difference. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

So DCI knew about it and CPS investigated. And nothing done to punish the Cadets and probation lifted by DCI. Given the new normal seems to me like the whole story isn’t out there. I’ve seen the letter and there’s holes

Too vague, Jeff.  "Holes" are in both sides with what's out there.

14 minutes ago, garfield said:

Calm your jets.  Presume positive intent.

Be the last, not the first, to throw fire bombs.

I agree 100%.  There’s a law firm investigating and we should wait until we get the final results.  

• Like 6

Not going to comment on the details of the story because I'm sure there is more to the story and I'll wait for all of the details to come out to form a full opinion.

With that said I will say this. The BOD, Director and Staff knew of this issue/allegation last year. Knowing that and knowing their recent history I am even more dumbfounded that they decided it a good choice to depict a woman getting assaulted and her clothes ripped off and then assaulted again on a staircase at the tour premiere. Yes, it has been changed a little since but where are the adults in the organization that should have said no from the moment it was talked about as a choice in design meetings. Maybe they did not and never will learn. Completely and utterly tone-deaf and clueless to their current situation.

Edited by Spatzzz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Spatzzz said:

Not going to comment on the details of the story because I'm sure there is more to the story and I'll wait for all of the details to come out to form a full opinion.

With that said I will say this. The BOD, Director and Staff knew of this issue/allegation last year. Knowing that and knowing their recent history I am even more dumbfounded that they decided it a good choice to depict a woman getting assaulted and her clothes ripped off and then assaulted again on a staircase a good choice at the tour premiere. Yes, it has been changed a little since but where are the adults in the organization that should have said no from the moment it was talked about as a choice in design meetings. Maybe they did not and never will learn. Completely and utterly tone-deaf and clueless to their current situation.

Please, check your timing.

Realize that most show designs are decided more than a year in advance.

Stop throwing firebombs and presume positive intent.

• Haha 2