New Cadets Sexual Assault Accusation

23 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

Not going to comment on the details of the story because I'm sure there is more to the story and I'll wait for all of the details to come out to form a full opinion.

With that said I will say this. The BOD, Director and Staff knew of this issue/allegation last year. Knowing that and knowing their recent history I am even more dumbfounded that they decided it a good choice to depict a woman getting assaulted and her clothes ripped off and then assaulted again on a staircase at the tour premiere. Yes, it has been changed a little since but where are the adults in the organization that should have said no from the moment it was talked about as a choice in design meetings. Maybe they did not and never will learn. Completely and utterly tone-deaf and clueless to their current situation.

And yet you did.  You hung the corps out there without so much as a final interpretation from the lawyers, agencies, or law enforcement.

• Like 4

I think it would be valid to say it likely would have been best if they would have steered far clear of such a topic in general.  People can find fault with any show, but don't fuel the fire on what could be construed as perceivingly being done purpose.  This new team will right the ship.  No doubt about it.

This is not what they need right now, but the truth somehow always comes out.  Regardless, it is likely Cadets will forever lead the charge for change.

Edited by DCIat14
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

I think it would be valid to say it likely would have been best if they would have steered far clear of such a topic in general.  People can find fault with any show, but don't fuel the fire on what could perceivingly be on purpose.  

This is not what they need right now, but the truth somehow always comes out.  Regardless, it is likely Cadets will forever lead the charge for change.

I fully, totally, and 100% agree with this post.

In hindsight.

Edited by garfield

6 minutes ago, DCIat14 said:

I think it would be valid to say it likely would have been best if they would have steered far clear of such a topic in general.  People can find fault with any show, but don't fuel the fire on what could be construed as perceivingly being done purpose.  This new team will right the ship.  No doubt about it.

So anyone know why it was in the show in the first place?

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

I'm sure YEA is preparing a press release detailing their response.

There's a lot more to this story - I will just leave it at that,

George.

I agree with you George. There has to be a lot more to this story. I have some questions, and the answers would be most interesting. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, garfield said:

And yet you did.  You hung the corps out there without so much as a final interpretation from the lawyers, agencies, or law enforcement.

I did no such thing. I commented on their design choices based on their recent history and that now includes this incident. You need to really learn how to read with comprehension.

If there are holes in both sides from what's out there so far, then waiting to formulate an opinion on the incident itself would seem prudent. 

Discussing the good or bad sides of show design is fine, though I don't feel that's the point of this specific thread. I put more trust in survivors and how they view what is and is bot over the line than I do my own eyes since I never experienced that trauma. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

What Garfield and Terri have said.

We'll see how this all plays out.

I'm not a lawyer, I'm not involved with the Cadets... so to take a side here, or condemn/throw shade at one person or the other, whatever... without me even close to knowing all the facts, but also with having access to some behind-the-scenes stuff (hey, I've been around a while and know people who know people...LOL) ... it would be just a bit premature on my part.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 2