New Cadets Sexual Assault Accusation

12 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

I think you are too close to the organization to think clearly. 

I think you’re wrong 

1 minute ago, Spatzzz said:

My apologies. 

I'm honored to be falsely accused of being connected to the corps.

No apology expected or necessary.

That you should check your facts before spouting is self-evident.  That you can simply ask me may not be so evident.

But no less true.

14 minutes ago, garfield said:

But they were "tone deaf" at the same time, say some.

Amazing.

At this point sounds like an honest screw up but surprised this wasn’t noticed/discussed until after it was performed in public. And wonder who brought it to Corps management attention, someone inside the corps, DCI or outside person. Wondering as could be added to the “lessons learned” that are discussed after a good sized “oh crap”...

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

Boy .. the Cadet haters must really be jumping for joy they have something to smash them with beside just the show.:fight::starwars:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, garfield said:

I take it back:  My screen name is ALL I have in connection to Cadets.  

Notice, small 'g' in honor of the corps.  I've had that screen name, and email address, for decades.

I know that to some that ties me deeply to the corps.  OK , I admit it: I've loved their shows.

:blink:

I thought your screen name was in honor of this guy. 6.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

16 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

Glad you see that. My question is where was the corps director or other senior staff to stop it from happening at all. That it even happened is a problem IMHO and I understand others may not feel the same way.

it's a fair question - I would assume they weren't thinking about it from your and my perspective - they were thinking about it from their show "story line" vs. our third-person perspective

it was tone deaf - bottom line

they should have been - the positive is, as soon as the reaction became clear they made the immediate change

I'm glad it was removed. But it's totally a fair criticism

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

At this point sounds like an honest screw up but surprised this wasn’t noticed/discussed until after it was performed in public. And wonder who brought it to Corps management attention, someone inside the corps, DCI or outside person. Wondering as could be added to the “lessons learned” that are discussed after a good sized “oh crap”...

Jim, I came home from the theater and practically immediately posted that I was very uncomfortable. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

I thought your screen name was in honor of this guy. 6.gif

I admit it:  to the non-corps fan and uninitiated, the cat and the actor are good explanations.  To drum corps fans, no explanation is necessary.

Well, except maybe to you.  :tongue:

• Haha 2