New Cadets Sexual Assault Accusation

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

You seem Poppy to have a strong idea as to what happened.  Are you familiar with such incidents?

There are always broken marriages during tour. There is also sexual curiosity and experimentation especially among minors regardless of sex. Male/female, male/male, and female/female, to include transsexual or transgender. 

Why would this activity not be a microcosm of our society? Possible gender identity and social identity issues, or discovering their own sexuality played a role. 

Seems odd that Cadets would provide a cash settlement without a non-disclosure agreement even if they were covering medical treatments. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

There are always broken marriages during tour. There is also sexual curiosity and experimentation especially among minors regardless of sex. Male/female, male/male, and female/female, to include transsexual or transgender. 

Why would this activity not be a microcosm of our society? Possible gender identity and social identity issues, or discovering their own sexuality played a role. 

you're a wise one

Edited by George Dixon
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

Jim, I came home from the theater and practically immediately posted that I was very uncomfortable. 

I can’t imagine how you felt seeing that. Trying to put this in a way that isn’t condemning but how the #### could all the people connected with the corps see this in practice and no one said “wait a ####### minute”. Guess too used to all age and alumni type corps where very few are afraid to voice their feelings

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Poppycock said:

Seems odd that Cadets would provide a cash settlement without a non-disclosure agreement even if they were covering medical treatments. 

Unless I misread the diatribe, the financial settlement was not accepted so no NDA would apply.

I wonder how long it will take for this thread to overtake the Scouts co-ed thread.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, WaxDCIFan said:

I wonder how long it will take for this thread to overtake the Scouts co-ed thread.

well - if YEA gets their side of the story out quickly this should fizzle immediately

however - I'm not sure how they can without running it past lawyers and DCI - so it may be a while and by the time it reaches us, pretty tame

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

Ok, he isn't close to the organization on that I may be incorrect. However he is not thinking clearly.

No you were both talking different things 

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

I can’t imagine how you felt seeing that. Trying to put this in a way that isn’t condemning but how the #### could all the people connected with the corps see this in practice and no one said “wait a ####### minute”. Guess too used to all age and alumni type corps where very few are afraid to voice their feelings

I think once fresh eyes got on it, and voiced their concerns, they acted very quickly. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

No still means no, consent is still required. People need to stop making excuses for poor behavior. This is a version of "she was wearing a short skirt so she deserved it".

• Thanks 2