New Cadets Sexual Assault Accusation

24 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

That it EVER saw the field show IS the problem.

Geez stop already lol.. we know how you feel already.

6 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

There are always broken marriages during tour. There is also sexual curiosity and experimentation especially among minors regardless of sex. Male/female, male/male, and female/female, to include transsexual or transgender. 

Wonder how current and future parents of DCI mm are feeling about this thread.

5 minutes ago, garfield said:

Unless I misread the diatribe, the financial settlement was not accepted so no NDA would apply.

Yes that’s correct Cadets offered a cash settlement, but I believe Cadets may have offered to pay for therapy, but that’s has not been made official. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Possible gender identity and social identity issues, or discovering their own sexuality played a role.

If assault was involved then no, this is not discovering anything......

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

There are always broken marriages during tour. There is also sexual curiosity and experimentation especially among minors regardless of sex. Male/female, male/male, and female/female, to include transsexual or transgender. 

Why would this activity not be a microcosm of our society? Possible gender identity and social identity issues, or discovering their own sexuality played a role. 

Seems odd that Cadets would provide a cash settlement without a non-disclosure agreement even if they were covering medical treatments. 

:worthy:

• Thanks 1

Just now, JimF-LowBari said:

If assault was involved then no, this is not discovering anything......

So you’re familiar with these issues, or just wanting to see your response in writing? I’m not sure any assault occurred! He said he said 

1 minute ago, Poppycock said:

So you’re familiar with these issues, or just wanting to see your response in writing? I’m not sure any assault occurred! He said he said 

If you’ll reread my post I said IF assault occurred.... not speaking of the two Cadets specifically, I’m just saying in general

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Why didn't YEA (or DCI) put out a statement last summer as soon as they found out the alleged assault occurred?  It makes it look like a coverup. And now YEA / DCI are in catch-up mode.   Perception is reality.

Where it involves minors, you have to be careful what you say, not to save yourself but to protect the minors. When a case involves two minors, confidentiality is critical, and attention has to be paid to not risk the release of names. In my state it is recommended that law enforcement makes all public statements on incidents involving schools when it involves minors. If it involves a clear situation where adult supervision is lacking, such as hazing, a school may make a statement, but in a situation involving students, sending out a statement saying they are aware of an incident and an investigation is ongoing is probably not advised. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

No still means no, consent is still required. People need to stop making excuses for poor behavior. This is a version of "she was wearing a short skirt so she deserved it".

Were you there??? Were you in the room??? 

• Thanks 3