New Cadets Sexual Assault Accusation

19 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Jim, I came home from the theater and practically immediately posted that I was very uncomfortable. 

You most certainly did.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Wonder how current and future parents of DCI mm are feeling about this thread.

How about the current or future members??

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Wonder how current and future parents of DCI mm are feeling about this thread.

Did they march? If so, none of this should come as a surprise.

• Thanks 1

As I read these comments, and after reading the letter and report from the Police and Child Services on Reddit,  I would strongly suggest everyone find this report and read this before continuing to voice opinions. This was not young men experimenting.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

There is more to the story than how the "guardian" is portraying the issue. Seems to me they organization did exactly what they should do when the situation arose. I find it odd anyone would put the person who was the victim of the alleged assault in the position of having this all aired out in public. I feel badly for the minor who now has this laid out for all the world to read. But the guardian who put this out there... to try to litigate this over social media and emails to everyone in the world... makes me wonder what is really going on here. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Amazed&Stunned said:

As I read these comments, and after reading the letter and report from the Police and Child Services on Reddit,  I would strongly suggest everyone find this report and read this before continuing to voice opinions. This was not young men experimenting.  

Most of us have.  And then I spoke to the other side and I’m waiting for this to reach a conclusion.  

If I thought this was negligence and indifference, I’d throw them to the wolves. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 9

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Most of us have.  And then I spoke to the other side and I’m waiting for this to reach a conclusion.  

If I thought this was negligence and indifference, I’d throw them to the wolves. 

And some of us can’t find it as hardly ever look at reddit... could someone post or PM  the link? Minors being involved definitely add complexity to what can and/or should be released to the public so let’s keep that in mind.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

45 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

The design choice to show an assault on the field with the tearing of clothes that could be construed sexually. It doesn't matter the sex on the individuals involved. That moment was ill-advised given their history. If you can't see that I can't help you...

I was bothered by the tearing off of the dress and was happy it was revised by Beanpot. I am assuming that it was not meant to portray sexual assault as much as losing power, but that was not how it appeared and was a huge miss. I will say I don’t understand how those involved with Cadets did not pick that up since it was so obvious to so many, including I am assuming the judges. However, they did make changes necessary. However, portraying what appears to be a sexual assault on the field is I’ll advised for any corps, regardless of their histories, not just Cadets. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Whatever the facts, YEA never in a million years should have engaged with the author directly. A huge misstep. All they ended up doing is created evidence. 

This is why lawyers cost so much. They save you from shooting your own stupid foot. 

• Thanks 1

Reread and parent stated YEA did not investigate until months later.... ahem wasn’t one of the huge issues with corps and sexual harassment/sexual assault was that corps were investigating and not legal authorities? If legal authorities were investigating then YEA should have stayed out of it. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari