New Cadets Sexual Assault Accusation

6 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Could you be more specific? If the Cadets' board chair is telling the truth, they took all appropriate actions. Are you saying that he's lying?

I misread part of what was released.  It was not my intent to suggest that someone on the board was lying.  I have re-written the post.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

So DCI knew about it and CPS investigated. And nothing done to punish the Cadets and probation lifted by DCI. Given the new normal seems to me like the whole story isn’t out there. I’ve seen the letter and there’s holes

I remember getting bashed about dan knowing and not doing something. I think I called it depraved indifference but later changed it to gross negligence. Hmmm. Not so crazy now. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, phd-student-TTU said:

I remember getting bashed about dan knowing and not doing something. I think I called it depraved indifference but later changed it to gross negligence. Hmmm. Not so crazy now. 

The incident situation appears to have been reported to DCI, police authorities, and child protective.  in the situation you mention, did that person not report to authorities? cause i could see gross negligence in that case but don’t understand how if he did report/follow up with cps and police how that’s negligent...

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

We just don’t know. I have nothing else to say except I feel profoundly sad.

This. 

5 hours ago, bayareafan said:

Let's all not be too quick to react to this and pass blame.  There's a lot that seems suspicious to me here.

1. Given everything that has happened in the past I can't imagine that there's any way that The Cadets management didn't take this very seriously.  I expect that they did take serious action to handle the matter.  If they didn't, they would be wholly incompetent and you'd have a hard time convincing me that they don't have competent management at this point. 

2. If I understand this correctly the mother of the alleged victim did a mass emailing of a bunch of documents about this case to other people involved with the cadets.  I gotta tell you that's a parent that is NOT acting in their child's best interests.  If this is still a matter under investigation it would seem to me that this sort of action would undermine the investigation.  On the surface, I would view it as a parent trying stir up trouble - possibly with the intent of getting some sort of financial settlement from The Cadets.  This really is not what you do if you truly care about your child and about doing what is right.

3. From what The Cadets have said - and with no evidence to the contrary - they did not know that the alleged attacker re-entered the room where the alleged victim was staying until just recently.  It seems like that would be important information.  If that was withheld till just now I would again question why the accuser did not provide this information sooner.

I'm sorry to say this, but it is simply the fact that there are people that try to take advantage of situations.  In this case The Cadets are particularly vulnerable given what was alleged to have happened with Hop.  When I look at how this has been reported I can't really make any judgement about the assault that has been alleged.  But it sure looks to me that at least the parents of the alleged victim are not handling this in the way that a parent truly interested in the truth would handle things.

To point 3 there is a log of text messages from the victim's phone alerting Scott himself that the accused had entered the room... Time stamped and in the records

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

To point 3 there is a log of text messages from the victim's phone alerting Scott himself that the accused had entered the room... Time stamped and in the records

Thank you.

Part of not throwing firebombs is proactively double-checking information sources before posting opinions on other opinions.

5 hours ago, bluesman said:

This is getting ridiculous.  Could this be a case of allegations being made against a corps that had already dealt with sexual abuse within it's ranks for financial gain?  

In my opinion... you are correct!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

see the video link. Doug Rutherford answers your questions

Got it now.. tks

Edited by Glenn426

12 hours ago, Spatzzz said:

I did no such thing. I commented on their design choices based on their recent history and that now includes this incident. You need to really learn how to read with comprehension.

Separate and apart from the current allegations, i find the Cadets show to be completely out of bounds from day 1.  The original presentation was shocking and tone deaf, and i will not watch it again to see how it has evolved.  I feel badly for the MMs, but i will not watch or applaud a show that portrays any type of violence, especially violence against a woman.  Crucify me all you want, but being a survivor of serious sexual and physical assault, this concept is abhorrent to me.  

• Like 2