New Cadets Sexual Assault Accusation

Thanks not sure what the parent added to the email but wrong move in any event. We hit a HIPPA problem when we had a nurse who was friends with a family member. Sure as Hades that night the family member called asking why we were at the doctors office. Guess who told her.... Next visit found out nurse was transferred and she later quit rather quickly so hmmmm...

36 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Room Assignments and Gym Configurations for Sleeping
When assigning roommates, such as in residence halls, or a hotel, roommates should always be of the same gender (unless they are a married couple) and age group as follows:

• Adults age 22 and over
  • Program participants age 18‐21
  • Program participants age 17 and under

Program participants may only share a room with another program participant of the same age group and gender. Staff and volunteers may only share a room with another staff member of the same gender, with the exception of married couples.

As a rule, one person per bed or sleeping bag for sleeping, except in the case of married couples only. Each person must be assigned to their own bed. Double, triple, and quad room configurations with twin Page 2 of 4 beds are all permitted. Double, queen, and king beds are permitted, but only one person per bed may be assigned, with the exception of married couples. Roll‐away cots are permitted.

In the case of using a school gym and sleeping bags for a sleeping area for drum corps, the gym must be divided into quadrants or areas as follows:

• Male corps members age 18‐21
  • Male corps members age 17 and under
  • Female corps members age 18‐21
  • Female corps members age 17 and under

per whats been released it was 2 to a bed at the hotel

I think it says that one per bed was assigned and that it was common practice for the MM assigned to the floor sleeping bag to end up in the double bed with the one assigned there.  The alleged victim said himself that this was common and he had no problem with it.

3 minutes ago, garfield said:

I think it says that one per bed was assigned and that it was common practice for the MM assigned to the floor sleeping bag to end up in the double bed with the one assigned there.  The alleged victim said himself that this was common and he had no problem with it.

agreed, but, well that could open other cans of worms.

22 minutes ago, skevinp said:

You say so many reasonable things that could help people, and then destroy your own credibility with nonsense like this.  

I would disagree.  It helps to know the poster personally but it's not necessary.  You said yourself, and I whole-heartedly agree, that his post history proves his credibility is intact.

Yes, we're friends and friendly rivals on different sides of many aisles, but I admire and appreciate his line of thinking on most all issues even if we disagree.

His credibility is solidly intact from my perspective.

6 minutes ago, garfield said:

I would disagree.  It helps to know the poster personally but it's not necessary.  You said yourself, and I whole-heartedly agree, that his post history proves his credibility is intact.

Yes, we're friends and friendly rivals on different sides of many aisles, but I admire and appreciate his line of thinking on most all issues even if we disagree.

His credibility is solidly intact from my perspective.

I agree with Garfield with this caveat.  Each of us reacts differently based on life experience, priorities, and personal involvement at various levels. Some people, usually jocular and accessible in most situations, will shut up like a clam and become most serious on certain issues.  Some need a bit of BJ Honeycutt's (MASH) humor to deal with the constantly heavy and difficult (as the MASH doctors did with the surgeries and emergencies.) Sexuality, assaults, care of minors, and relationships are for some people always serious matters only to be discussed in serious, objective ways.  For others that approach is too inhuman, too heavy, not real.  Observing some of the patterns of usual responses by posters on the threads discussing the Madison change of identity, the sexual behaviors by some associated with the Allentown corps, corps show design/uniform design/activity  future for 2019 as compared to their responses on other threads will reveal a shift in protocols from usual approaches. We are not all alike. Clearly some have agenda.  Some are never (or rarely heard from) except for matters of sex for various reasons. Some seem concerned. Some seem obsessed.  Some seem afraid (or could we please talk about something else...)  The drum corps community is not all the same nor simply dinos and duckies.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

see the video link. Doug Rutherford answers your questions

What video link?  I must have missed this.

5 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Thanks,  saw the video like, but could not get it to play until today.  Thanks for the help.

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

not in the letter but apparently thats out there in a few places.

Page 5 point 9:

After receiving audition videos of my son’s marching and playing, my son was offered

membership in three other world class drum and bugle corps within seven days of being

released from the Cadets. My son is currently marching as an upper-lead trumpet in xxx

xxx DBC,

2 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

Jeez...I just read the reports and accusations. I have no idea what to think. It's sad it had to come to this. Both are underage juveniles. Both are males. One might be gay and the other is not (I have no idea). Maybe he thought it was okay and it wasn't. The last thing is not to criminalize a thing like this unless it was a violent act. I didn't read it as that. But I don't know. 

It is NEVER "okay" to initiate sexual contact without permission.  If he thought it was OK he is wrong and I doubt he listened to the training the Cadets provided that year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1