New Cadets Sexual Assault Accusation

2 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

You seem to think "cut" is different from "within seven days of being released".  

The "claim" was that "within seven days of being released" he received 3 offers.  Now, I don't know if that were true, but that was the claim, and it was clear "in the letter".  (my quote was right from the letter and I cited chapter and verse.

i have been told on good authority he was cut/released/let go from another corps prior to Cadets or at the same time, then went to his current corps.

Just now, HockeyDad said:

The answer is:  if you have a policy that you do not enforce, then you might as well delete the policy, or it may be used against you some day. Doesn’t matter what organization it is. It just so happens that it’s been brought up in this thread. 

How would you propose they enforce it?  Staff members entering every room every half hour to make sure no one decided to leave his air mattress and climb into bed?   I suppose they could also build walls between bus seats for those long rides so no one can physically touch the person next to them.     I suppose they could only let one person use a bathroom or shower at a time to avoid any problem, if they want to give up hours of rehearsal time.

You CANNOT completely stop every jerk (for lack of a better word that can be typed here) from being a jerk over 90 days 24/7 contact with the rest of the corps.   Period.     

You can try, but there is a limit on what you can do.  How you deal with the issue afterwards is another issue.   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Eleran said:

How would you propose they enforce it?  Staff members entering every room every half hour to make sure no one decided to leave his air mattress and climb into bed?   I suppose they could also build walls between bus seats for those long rides so no one can physically touch the person next to them.     I suppose they could only let one person use a bathroom or shower at a time to avoid any problem, if they want to give up hours of rehearsal time.

You CANNOT completely stop every jerk (for lack of a better word that can be typed here) from being a jerk over 90 days 24/7 contact with the rest of the corps.   Period.     

You can try, but there is a limit on what you can do.  How you deal with the issue afterwards is another issue.   

You’re saying the policy is unenforceable, right? Then why is it a policy?

6 minutes ago, Eleran said:

You can try, but there is a limit on what you can do.  

Just now, HockeyDad said:

You missed the start of the last line apparently. 

So I guess we should have no laws either, since people can still break them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Eleran said:

You missed the start of the last line apparently. 

So I guess we should have no laws either, since people can still break them.

Break laws. Enforce policies. I guess in your mind there’s no difference between the two. 

47 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

You are being overly defensive. You know I’m not an anti-Cadets guy. I do not, however, like seeing the same types of reactions that happened when the Hop stuff was going on. 

This is a completely different set of circumstances than the GH issue. There is no equivalency here. And there is more to the story. Follow the actions of the guardian.

2 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

You seem to think "cut" is different from "within seven days of being released".  

The "claim" was that "within seven days of being released" he received 3 offers.  Now, I don't know if that were true, but that was the claim, and it was clear "in the letter".  (my quote was right from the letter and I cited chapter and verse.

I would not assume that everything in the letter is an accurate reflection of the facts. Outside of the independent reports the letter is one version of events. May not be the actual version of events.

3 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Break laws. Enforce policies. I guess in your mind there’s no difference between the two. 

It’s not a rule, and perhaps policy is not the word that should be used either. I did not see where it said in any documentation on this thread that one person per bed was the rule. I did read some choose to share a bed, others the air mattress. Some people feel comfortable sharing a bed, others do not. My guess is the sharing the bed had little to do with what happened. 

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

I’m reading more posts than I would like to that are overtly or subtly attacking the mother, for sending the email as she did, or by nitpicking the timeline, etc. Remember this - She didn’t ask for her son to be molested. She is a victim here just as her son is. None of us who have not been in her position know how we would react.

This victim blaming or victim questioning feels a lot like the reactions to GH issues of the past:  circling the wagons to protect the brand. Please stop it. Better to say nothing than to sling dirt around and make it worse. 

I don't see anyone blaming the kid. I do see the mom/guardian leaving some gaping holes in their story, and some other facts found with a little digging open the holes wider

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

To take the usual example given in arguments like this:

Murder is against the law.

That doesn't stop all murders from happening.

Nobody says that means we shouldn't have laws against murder.

• Like 3