New Cadets Sexual Assault Accusation

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

On third thought - maybe they should bring it up on George Hopkins' FB page - he has tons of advice and ideas for 2019 drum corps. 

WTH is THAT about!!

Hopkins - shut up. That would be MY ADVICE.

i love how he's now defending judges he bashed in the past when he didnt get the core he liked

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

She also probably didn't ask for it to be posted on Reddit. It was probably meant to stay within the Cadets community as a drive and a force for action and change. But it reached the news and information got leaked because people wrere asking questions and now confidentiality is breached.

Either the mother or the poster was likely ignorant to the fact that that much identifying information was there.

she still sent it out to people with that information not redacted. Yes it got shared, but that does not excuse her

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

oh please she was friending and sending it to everyone and anyone - she tried to friend me (I do not know her) and was like "no"

ditto. Guardian too

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

If you know the full account please provide the information. 

lots has been leaked into this thread. reading helps

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

yup I'm taking your advice. 

yet still posting here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

The answer is:  if you have a policy that you do not enforce, then you might as well delete the policy, or it may be used against you some day. Doesn’t matter what organization it is. It just so happens that it’s been brought up in this thread. 

so the rule is one to a bed, one to a bag. so kids in the bags decided to get in the beds. You're suggesting every room have a chaperone to make sure everyone follows the rules?

Not excusing what happened. Not at all. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

This is a completely different set of circumstances than the GH issue. There is no equivalency here. And there is more to the story. Follow the actions of the guardian.

like the gofundme page for the new corps with copyrighted Cadets material on it?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eleran said:

How would you propose they enforce it?  Staff members entering every room every half hour to make sure no one decided to leave his air mattress and climb into bed?   I suppose they could also build walls between bus seats for those long rides so no one can physically touch the person next to them.     I suppose they could only let one person use a bathroom or shower at a time to avoid any problem, if they want to give up hours of rehearsal time.

You CANNOT completely stop every jerk (for lack of a better word that can be typed here) from being a jerk over 90 days 24/7 contact with the rest of the corps.   Period.     

You can try, but there is a limit on what you can do.  How you deal with the issue afterwards is another issue.   

You are correct that Cadets cannot reasonably control what happens in the room after lights out.

The general procedure for high school students in a hotel situation is establishing a rule for everyone to be in a room at a certain time and a “bed check” where everyone is in the room is accounted for, with students knowing that a chaperone will be checking on them. 

A person, either a hotel employee or someone associated with the group keeps watch in the hall, and if a young person leaves, a chaperone is notified. 

During the night a chaperone usually does not enter a room, and if they do, two or perhaps three go in together. This is for the protection of the chaperone and if something has taken place, it is witnessed by others.

The last time I chaperoned an overnight trip was in 2017 in Washington, DC and this was the policy of the hotel. Actually the hotels provided the guards who made sure the kids did not leave the rooms. 

11 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

she still sent it out to people with that information not redacted. Yes it got shared, but that does not excuse her

My guess is she probably had no problem with it being on Reddit.

11 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

lots has been leaked into this thread. reading helps

It is pretty disturbing that people in this thread are spreading hearsay and rumors based on at best second hand accounts with no facts to back them up. Whether what they say is true or not will never be known and it really does come across as the old guard circling the wagons to protect the mothership. As is with most things that is the perception people set when they do this and perception is reality. You do way more harm to the organization that you (Not you Jeff specifically but the royal 'you') are trying to shield in the long run.

Just my humble opinion.....