New Cadets Sexual Assault Accusation

Just now, fsthnds said:

Scheduling does not excuse anyone from allowing the police to investigate an alleged crime. The guardian (and the Cadets D&B Corp or YEA), acting in the best interest of the victim  needed to make the victim available for the police to THOROUGHLY investigate. The ultimate responsibility still falls on the Director or whoever he/she designated  in charge at the time of the alleged assault. Not up to the guardian, to make that determination.

I think we agree? The director seems to have put no restrictions on the availability of alleged victim, alleged perpetrator, or alleged witnesses. But weirdly, the alleged victim's guardian, per the police report, told them that scheduling the interview would be difficult.  So odd. Maybe he just said that without thinking, because he knows the members are so busy all day, so that fact was just routine in his mind.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I also think it's extremely weird that the alleged perpetrator would dare to try this in a room with two other people just a few feet away, who might wake up at any time, particularly if the alleged victim were to cry out in alarm. Such things happen! Criminals often get caught because they don't think about witnesses. But man, that's something.

5 hours ago, xandandl said:

I agree it's a terrible idea. In some States, she would be discerned to be sabotaging her child's best interests and negating the power of her argument against those not correctly protecting him.

it only makes me more curious of why there is a supposed Guardian (not the drum corps.)

I didn't read the released papers and I don't plan to.  It's simply none of my business, but I respect those of you here who are educating themselves and obviously have the best interests of the kids in mind.

+++

A Guardian can be someone the mother gives medical or custodial power of attorney to.  For instance if the mom goes to jail and the dad isn't around she can write a note naming someone as guardian and it's legally binding.  That mother can revoke that permission at any time and for any reason by saying "I revoke this power of attorney."  Usually if it's a family mess the court steps in with CPS's recommendations and appoints a guardian, like a grandmother.

More formally a Guardian could be someone appointed by the court to care for the child.  You can also have guardianship if this was a foster child.

And there is a Guardian ad litem.  This person is an attorney appointed by the judge.  The ad litem has more flexibility in determining what is in the best interest of the child (a technical phrase in law).  The ad litem represents the child, but does not necessarily follow the child's wishes.

6 hours ago, xandandl said:

I agree it's a terrible idea. In some States, she would be discerned to be sabotaging her child's best interests and negating the power of her argument against those not correctly protecting him. it only makes me more curious of why there is a supposed Guardian (not the drum corps.)

I don’t know where you got your law degree, but you should ask for a refund. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

If I’ve leaked anything it came from sources that know or information found online, like a go fund me page to help cover tuition for the new corps yet using a Cadets copyrighted material 

What exactly do you think that proves? 

3 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

I have not heard you say where the student auditioned before the Cadets and was rejected.  Where have you stated that?  Maybe I have missed it, from what I have seen, you have only made that claim, and suggested that others "in the know", also know this.  Please be specific, if you KNOW, as opposed to only have been told by others and only THINK you KNOW.  Other wise, Jeff, you are only being a rumormongering participant, and I have never thought that was what you were doing.  If you make a claim, please SUPPORT IT.

hardly am I rumor mongering. if I am going to post something you better #### well know i verify it from multiple sources. it's what got me the G7 slides to post before anyone else had them.

more is coming, and it will change the perception of many.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Did legal experts say to keep the policy?

still there isn't it?

2 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I think we agree? The director seems to have put no restrictions on the availability of alleged victim, alleged perpetrator, or alleged witnesses. But weirdly, the alleged victim's guardian, per the police report, told them that scheduling the interview would be difficult.  So odd. Maybe he just said that without thinking, because he knows the members are so busy all day, so that fact was just routine in his mind.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I also think it's extremely weird that the alleged perpetrator would dare to try this in a room with two other people just a few feet away, who might wake up at any time, particularly if the alleged victim were to cry out in alarm. Such things happen! Criminals often get caught because they don't think about witnesses. But man, that's something.

per the guardians facebook page, the victim had time to meet Hugh Mahon and Dave Shaw two days after the incident.