New Cadets Sexual Assault Accusation

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I would be if people would stop quoting me hint hint.

gotcha!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spatzzz said:

What exactly do you think that proves? 

using copyrighted material while trying to get money from the corps? Hmmm

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

using copyrighted material while trying to get money from the corps? Hmmm

I guess I'll ask again...what do you think that proves exactly? What EXACTLY are you implying? Put your big boy pants on and spit it out instead of playing like an 8th grader passing rumors in the cafeteria. You seem to be implying that the kid was attempting to extort the Cadets. If that is what you are saying have the backbone to come out and say it. 

For all anyone knows that go fund me page could have leftover content from the previous year or was setup when the kid rightfully assumed that there was a high likelihood as a vet he would have a spot to return to it he wished to. I've also seen many a marching member include content and pics from a previous year marching even though raising funds to march elsewhere.

I'll wait to pass judgement until all the facts are known and both parties have provided their full accounting of events. The implications though that some "adults" (and I use that term loosely) have made about this MINOR is something I just couldn't let go.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

I guess I'll ask again...what do you think that proves exactly? What EXACTLY are you implying? Put your big boy pants on and spit it out instead of playing like an 8th grader passing rumors in the cafeteria. You seem to be implying that the kid was attempting to extort the Cadets. If that is what you are saying have the backbone to come out and say it. 

For all anyone knows that go fund me page could have leftover content from the previous year or was setup when the kid rightfully assumed that there was a high likelihood as a vet he would have a spot to return to it he wished to. I've also seen many a marching member include content and pics from a previous year marching even though raising funds to march elsewhere.

I'll wait to pass judgement until all the facts are known and both parties have provided their full accounting of events. The implications though that some "adults" (and I use that term loosely) have made about this MINOR is something I just couldn't let go.

I'll tell you what I want, when I want, and when it's good timing for me to say it or for others to say it. I'll be perfectly happy knowing you don't approve of my actions or question my credibility, because a lot of what I have learned so far and haven't said isn't my place to spill, and will come out when it's appropriate by the proper folks.

and the Gofundme page specifically has the 2018 cadets prominently featured when he marched there, but asking for money for the corps he's currently in. Do some research on your own, you'll be amazed

1 minute ago, Jeff Ream said:

I'll tell you what I want, when I want, and when it's good timing for me to say it or for others to say it. I'll be perfectly happy knowing you don't approve of my actions or question my credibility, because a lot of what I have learned so far and haven't said isn't my place to spill, and will come out when it's appropriate by the proper folks.

and the Gofundme page specifically has the 2018 cadets prominently featured when he marched there, but asking for money for the corps he's currently in. Do some research on your own, you'll be amazed

LOL...thanks for the non-answer. Again, very common for kids to represent themselves on go fund me with pics and content from previous years even if they are marching somewhere else. You come across as attempting to undercut the credibility of the member while saying it isn't your place to say anything. In other words you are speaking out of both sides of your mouth. 

I don't know the whole story but I'll wait for the involved parties to speak on the issue instead of spouting of stuff I've heard through the grapevine. Even those close to the situation on either side have reasons to leak information to those they know will spread it. This thread IN MY OPINION being an example of that.

I think we can let it rest now until the involved parties speak.

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

still there isn't it?

Got it. So, you don’t have any idea whether this policy was reviewed by “legal experts” (your words) in light of the revelation that the policy was apparently neither being followed by the MMs nor enforced by the staff.  You just threw it out there. And no, I’m not interested in more “how would You enforce it?” bait and switches. 

Recap - all I did was to suggest they remove the one kid, one bed policy if they’re not going to enforce it. Otherwise they risk it being used against them some day. That’s it. Nothing else. Then the attempted diversion down all sorts of bunny holes began by various people.

Edited by HockeyDad

7 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

LOL...thanks for the non-answer. Again, very common for kids to represent themselves on go fund me with pics and content from previous years even if they are marching somewhere else. You come across as attempting to undercut the credibility of the member while saying it isn't your place to say anything. In other words you are speaking out of both sides of your mouth. 

I don't know the whole story but I'll wait for the involved parties to speak on the issue instead of spouting of stuff I've heard through the grapevine. Even those close to the situation on either side have reasons to leak information to those they know will spread it. This thread IN MY OPINION being an example of that.

I think we can let it rest now until the involved parties speak.

actually...i highly doubt the kid did it. a recurring theme in this whole situation.

Just now, HockeyDad said:

Got it. So, you don’t have any idea whether this policy was reviewed by “legal experts” (your words) in light of the revelation that the policy was apparently neither being followed by the MMs nor enforced by the staff.  You just threw it out there. And no, I’m not interested in more “how would You enforce it?” bait and switches. 

Recap - all I did was to suggest they remove the one kid, one bed policy if they’re not going to enforce it. That’s it. Nothing else. Then the attempted diversion down all sorts of bunny holes began by various people.

if they left it there, i think common sense says the legal experts are ok with it. Given all YEA has gone through in the last 18 months, i highly doubt they wipe their ### without consenting lawyers.

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

actually...i highly doubt the kid did it. a recurring theme in this whole situation.

But you don't know yet you make the accusation anyway but couch is with "I highly doubt" to give yourself wiggly room later. Maybe you should just stop.

31 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Why is this a legal problem? You seem to be implying that.