New Cadets Sexual Assault Accusation

48 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

actually...i highly doubt the kid did it. a recurring theme in this whole situation.

Do you mean you highly doubt the alleged victim is the one who set up the go fund me page?

Clarification is helpful here because I'm sure someone out there will interpret your statement to mean you highly doubt the alleged perp actually committed the assault.  

Edited by skevinp

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:
14 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

Please be specific, if you KNOW, as opposed to only have been told by others and only THINK you KNOW.  Other wise, Jeff, you are only being a rumor mongering participant, and I have never thought that was what you were doing.  If you make a claim, please SUPPORT IT.

hardly am I rumor mongering.

more is coming, and it will change the perception of many. 

Rumor mongering is exactly what you are doing.  That last sentence is a tease without any evidence, it doesn't matter that you "know" or "don't know" any "inside" information. 

I am very uncomfortable seeing information about an alleged sexual assault being put on  A DRUM CORPS DISCUSSION BOARD for entertainment purposes.  Even if it was on the front page of the NY Times, there is no place for it here.

Talk about corps practices and policies all you want, that has some value and is appropriate content.

If people want to pursue the information about a sexual attack on Twitter or whatever, they can do that.  DCP should not provide a medium where sexual assault details regarding a child is published.  I don't care whether it is drum corps related or not.  It's inappropriate.

I have no idea why mods have not locked this thread yet and deleted it. 

Edited by wvu80
  • Thanks 5

About me:  I am un-affiliated with any corps.  I never marched, my kids never marched and I don't know anybody who belongs to a corps or DCI in any way.  I am just a DCI fan who sits in the seats.

I have been professional affiliated with helping children who have been sexually assaulted, and their families.  I am not currently working in that capacity.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Do you mean you highly doubt the alleged victim is the one who set up the go fund me page?

Clarification is helpful here because I'm sure someone out there will interpret your statement to mean you highly doubt the alleged perp actually committed the assault.  

Jeff, this is pretty concerning. Now your saying from your seat in front of a computer that you HIGHLY doubt anything happened? How would you know? I have read all of the comments about the guardian, and the mistakes made in not being sure all names were stricken from the record, and I get that, BUT, now you are saying this never happened? So you are calling the alleged victim a liar? What proof do you have?  

Time for me to get back to work. Lunchtime over

3 minutes ago, Amazed&Stunned said:

Jeff, this is pretty concerning. Now your saying from your seat in front of a computer that you HIGHLY doubt anything happened? How would you know? I have read all of the comments about the guardian, and the mistakes made in not being sure all names were stricken from the record, and I get that, BUT, now you are saying this never happened? So you are calling the alleged victim a liar? What proof do you have?  

Time for me to get back to work. Lunchtime over

I took his reply to mean the kid didn't set up the gofundme page (inferring the guardian did, a pattern of the guardian doing most everything), not that no assault happened.

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, frachel said:

I took his reply to mean the kid didn't set up the gofundme page (inferring the guardian did, a pattern of the guardian doing most everything), not that no assault happened.

Of course.

But be careful!  This kind of explanatory clarification is often confused with "circling the wagons".

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Rumor mongering is exactly what you are doing.  That last sentence is a tease without any evidence, it doesn't matter that you "know" or "don't know" any "inside" information. 

I am very uncomfortable seeing information about an alleged sexual assault being put on  A DRUM CORPS DISCUSSION BOARD for entertainment purposes.  Even if it was on the front page of the NY Times, there is no place for it here.

Talk about corps practices and policies all you want, that has some value and is appropriate content.

If people want to pursue the information about a sexual attack on Twitter or whatever, they can do that.  DCP should not provide a medium where sexual assault details regarding a child is published.  I don't care whether it is drum corps related or not.  It's inappropriate.

If something said connoting a future release is factual, is it rumor-mongering or just honoring the wishes of those who want to control the date of release of the info?

• Like 1

Just now, garfield said:

If something said connoting a future release is factual, is it rumor-mongering or just honoring the wishes of those who want to control the date of release of the info?

When someone says words to the effect "you just wait and see, there's more to this.  Stick around and see what happens..." then it is baiting.  It's a tease from someone who "knows" to all others who don't.  It's inappropriate in my professional opinion.

If as you suggest, a person has some factual information and they are respecting the wishes of whoever has these facts, then nothing should be said.  Let the "facts" come out and speak for themselves.  Teasing that there are facts which will come out in the future does not aid in protecting those kid's privacy.

My concern in this thread is very narrow due to my work experience and values while representing CPS in court with regards to both perps and victims, and my focus on on the welfare of the kids, period.  These are children and their privacy MUST be preserved, especially on a drum corps discussion board, even if "everybody knows it."

Everybody does not know it.

23 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Were you around April 5, 2018? This is nothing compared to that... and... BTW... the parent/guardian have been the ones distributing the information and details of the case and are making serious claims against an organization in this activity. Seems like something worthy of thoughtful discussion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

When someone says words to the effect "you just wait and see, there's more to this.  Stick around and see what happens..." then it is baiting.  It's a tease from someone who "knows" to all others who don't.  It's inappropriate in my professional opinion.

If as you suggest, a person has some factual information and they are respecting the wishes of whoever has these facts, then nothing should be said.  Let the "facts" come out and speak for themselves.  Teasing that there are facts which will come out in the future does not aid in protecting those kid's privacy.

My concern in this thread is very narrow due to my work experience and values while representing CPS in court with regards to both perps and victims, and my focus on on the welfare of the kids, period.  These are children and their privacy MUST be preserved, especially on a drum corps discussion board, even if "everybody knows it."

Everybody does not know it.

You are ignoring the fact that the parent/guardian is making unsubstantiated claims against the director and organization. Claims that are not supported by ANYTHING in the official reports. They are the ones who chose to make tis public and have made claims that are not fact based. This was their choice. Choices have consequences... including opening themselves up to public debate about the underlying motives of the adults. I have not seen one post taking issue with the student or the validity of the students accusations. This is about how the adults are now conducting themselves. They are now fair game.