New Cadets Sexual Assault Accusation

3 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

I have not seen anyone on this thread who have come close to questioning the victim. Not one. Plenty of folks, including my self, have questions the veracity of the parent/guardian statements because THEY have come forward making accusations with no facts and admittedly lots of opinions. Pointing this out is a way to make sure people do not jump to conclusions and we have a repeat of the incident last year with a highly respected YEA admin being dragged through the mud. There is more to this story than the options in a letter distributed via social media. Again... this is NOT about the victim.

Curious but how can you claim that what the parents state is not factual? Maybe it is and maybe it isn't. How can you deem yourself knower of all the facts and proclaim them liars when the only ones that could provide evidence to counter their claims have to this point been silent? Unless you are involved with the organization in an official capacity which I don't think you are anything you state or claim is hearsay and rumor. Again, don't be quick to condemn EITHER side. See how fairness works?

3 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

Curious but how can you claim that what the parents state is not factual? 

Because the statements they make are their opinions (as is stated in the letter and again, not referring to the original incident) and they are leaving out information that is publicly available elsewhere. They are the ones on the attack and they threaten to damage the reputation of some good people. this will become clearer when everything comes out. And you are correct... I am not affiliated with the organization. But I do know who to read and research and ask questions. And fairness is not doing a spleen venting on social media ala parent/guardian. 

19 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

So my question to many that want to urge caution yet were openly criticizing the victim and the parents or making sly insinuations about motives or actions they took, what in your mind makes you think your actions are acceptable?

Speaking for myself, since I don't know if you refer here to me or not, I don't think I "openly criticized" the alleged victim. What I did do was note a few points in the mother's letter that perhaps need some further explanation, for instance, her claim that Cadets' director lied to authorities when he said he had contacted the parents on the day of the incident.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Spinning said:

I do not know Jeff, but he has “inside” information and I was just curious as to why and how. That’s about it. Thanks.

He's been around the activity since he was a kid several decades ago and he knows a lot of people. He wrote a chapter in one of the volumes of A History of Drum and Bugle Corps. When the big G7 putsch happened in 2010, the secret Powerpoint presentation was leaked to him. All that said, is it possible that his sources are either wrong or deliberately lying to him now? Sure. Caution and skepticism are generally virtues.

• Like 1

Just now, N.E. Brigand said:

Speaking for myself, since I don't know if you refer here to me or not, I don't think I "openly criticized" the alleged victim. What I did do was note a few points in the mother's letter that perhaps need some further explanation, for instance, her claim that Cadets' director lied to authorities when he said he had contacted the parents on the day of the incident.

Asking for further explanation on data provided is fine. I was more pointing to the people that where stating things about go fund me pages and others starting to question the victims home life implying there could be something wrong with the parents/guardian or just plain calling them liars or implying they were in some way blackmailing the organization or that they were cut by a number of corps etc.

49 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

100% agree with that statement. 100%. However many in this thread have gone way beyond a simple urging of caution INCLUDING Mr. Ream and crossed over to insinuation and even accusatory statements on the motives on the victim and the victims parents. That crosses a line just as condemning the Cadets without all the facts crosses a line. The Cadets are fully capable of defending themselves and they can provide facts if they choose to. 

So my question to many that want to urge caution yet were openly criticizing the victim and the parents or making sly insinuations about motives or actions they took, what in your mind makes you think your actions are acceptable?

I'm sorry if you think it's not appropriate to chastise the parents for putting the minor in this public circumstance, but they did.

The actions are acceptable because the adults in this case put all the information out to the public.  You seem to think that the "public" must shelter these adults from the ramifications of their actions for the benefit of the minor.

I, and many here, don't agree.

It's that simple.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, garfield said:

A Board member?  Says whom?

Me.  I was told that a board member is sending out documentation to people outside the org.

The person who told me this received said documentation from a board member and they are not inside the org, so that’s why I asked if Jeff was inside the org or not.  

I think it’s a huge conflict of interest for the board member and it’s frankly, something I would expect from the old board, George’s board. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1