New Cadets Sexual Assault Accusation

20 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I’m reading more posts than I would like to that are overtly or subtly attacking the mother, for sending the email as she did, or by nitpicking the timeline, etc. Remember this - She didn’t ask for her son to be molested. She is a victim here just as her son is. None of us who have not been in her position know how we would react

She also probably didn't ask for it to be posted on Reddit. It was probably meant to stay within the Cadets community as a drive and a force for action and change. But it reached the news and information got leaked because people wrere asking questions and now confidentiality is breached.

Either the mother or the poster was likely ignorant to the fact that that much identifying information was there.

1 minute ago, ThePlanets said:

She also probably didn't ask for it to be posted on Reddit. It was probably meant to stay within the Cadets community as a drive and a force for action and change. But it reached the news and information got leaked because people wrere asking questions and now confidentiality is breached.

Either the mother or the poster was likely ignorant to the fact that that much identifying information was there.

oh please she was friending and sending it to everyone and anyone - she tried to friend me (I do not know her) and was like "no"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, East9900 said:

As long as GH has followers he will be voicing his opinions. 

Best way to quiet him is to stop following him. (Not saying you follow him or don't, but honestly I had no idea GH was still talking on FB)

oh I don't. I haven't the last five years. 

31 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

I’m reading more posts than I would like to that are overtly or subtly attacking the mother, for sending the email as she did, or by nitpicking the timeline, etc. Remember this - She didn’t ask for her son to be molested. She is a victim here just as her son is. None of us who have not been in her position know how we would react.

This victim blaming or victim questioning feels a lot like the reactions to GH issues of the past:  circling the wagons to protect the brand. Please stop it. Better to say nothing than to sling dirt around and make it worse. 

Finally a voice of reason on this God forsaken thread. 

45 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

I don't know the legal situation of "could have" but the claim was "I was asleep and didn't consent".

Thanks for clarifying, had only just recently gone through all the pages and came across that information.  I do not use reddit, and have not seen the letter.  I lived in Indiana for seven years, and could not remember the consent laws.  Just found examples here though: https://www.ageofconsent.net/states/indiana.  The claim as presented is quite serious, and obviously lacks consent if one party was asleep.

13 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Finally a voice of reason on this God forsaken thread. 

so - what's your suggestion. Anyone who knows the full account should just shut up while this person trashes the Cadets?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

so - what's your suggestion. Anyone who knows the full account should just shut up while this person trashes the Cadets?

My suggestion is to follow your own advice. You are not the mother. You are not the victim, nor the alleged attacker. You do not, no matter how knowledgeable you think you are, George, know the full story, intentions, emotions, etc being felt by all those involved. So let's stop victim blaming. 

PS, believe it or not, it is very possible to defend your beloved Cadets without throwing the other party under the bus. A simple "I believe you are mistaken for jumping to these conclusions about the Cadets" would suffice. But I guess that wouldn't give enough juicy drama to generate 32 pages of content

Edited by Cappybara
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

My suggestion is to follow your own advice. You are not the mother. You are not the victim, nor the alleged attacker. You do not, no matter how knowledgeable you think you are, George, know the full story, intentions, emotions, etc being felt by all those involved. So let's stop victim blaming. 

PS, believe it or not, it is very possible to defend your beloved Cadets without throwing the other party under the bus. A simple "I believe you are mistaken for jumping to these conclusions about the Cadets" would suffice. But I guess that wouldn't give enough juicy drama to generate 32 pages of content

except no where did I "blame the victim" - of course go ahead and post as if I did...

40 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

If you know the full account please provide the information. 

Just now, HockeyDad said:

If you know the full account please provide the information. 

oh heck no.

• Like 1