New Cadets Sexual Assault Accusation

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

oh heck no.

Does that mean you do not know? or you will not say?

If you have a - one person per bed - policy, but you don’t enforce it, is it really a policy?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

If you know the full account please provide the information. 

There is much more to the story. The corps did exactly what they were supposed to do... what is interesting is how the behavior of the guardian/parent changed over time. Not victim blaming at all... but questioning the motives of the adults... absolutely!

2 hours ago, ndkbass said:

I am not arguing that.  I am just trying to confirm that they would have been able to consent in the first place.  That is all.  That would be different than a 21 year old and a 14 year old, where age-gap and age of parties and age of the younger individual would prevent consent from being allowed legally in the first place.

The age of consent in Indiana is 16, so the allegation would not be statutory rape, where the consent of the younger party would not matter because it is illegal, but rape, where consent is critical. Since the person who was sexually assaulted was asleep, consent did not take place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

don't twist yourself into a pretzel trying to assign blame to YEA

You are being overly defensive. You know I’m not an anti-Cadets guy. I do not, however, like seeing the same types of reactions that happened when the Hop stuff was going on. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

don't twist yourself into a pretzel trying to assign blame to YEA

The answer is:  if you have a policy that you do not enforce, then you might as well delete the policy, or it may be used against you some day. Doesn’t matter what organization it is. It just so happens that it’s been brought up in this thread.